What have you been doing today?

Had a roast chicken for dinner tonight so I chucked the frame and leg/wing bones in with some carrots, parsnips, peas, onions, garlic, broccoli, celery, black peppercorns and water in a pot and simmered it for three hours to end up with a litre of the most tastiest of chicken stock. Going to use half of it tomorrow in a chicken and pea risotto and freeze the other half to use at a later date. Livin' the life! ;)

80DF1800-273A-4E14-A1C0-5DEAA9971185.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Spring cleaning this morning, sorting out some old records to sell off and make space for...more dust.:giggle:

Had a roast chicken for dinner tonight so I chucked the frame and leg/wing bones in with some carrots, parsnips, peas, onions, garlic, broccoli, celery, black peppercorns and water in a pot and simmered it for three hours to end up with a litre of the most tastiest of chicken stock. Going to use half of it tomorrow in a chicken and pea risotto and freeze the other half to use at a later date. Livin' the life! ;)

View attachment 296878
Did you roast bones before stock or just used as is? I'm usually charring 'em a bit so stock is much darker.

Sponsored Links
A little bit of time over the allotment this afternoon. Made another 8’ bench for the greenhouse. Just got to fit the slats to the top and bottom but I know of a skip full of roofing battens that will do the job. I’ve knocked twice but nobody in so going back the weekend.

DF2AC2A9-4AEC-48EF-B297-816BD3DC421A.jpeg

Checked on my forced rhubarb and that’s coming along fine after upending a plastic dustbin over the plant. Not long before some rhubarb crumble and custard will be coming my way. :p

0EDE3EA7-210C-4A10-BC1B-867E0FAB1FE7.jpeg

Went for a blood and urine test this morning and forgot my paperwork. Had to call nephrology secretary, who very kindly brought them down to me in A&E, because while waiting for me to get my bloods done my wife had a high cortisol boost. Result was , her sugar levels went through the roof and her BP was reading 212/115 with a pulse rate of 103. Finally got my bloods done, by which time my poor wife was almost back to normal but still couldn't speak, and it was 1.00pm when we left, after being there since 8.30 for a simple blood test. She had been to cardio to have a 24hr monitor fitted. Back tomorrow to return it so hope she doesn't have another flare up as I will be in having my second chemo infusion at 9.30.
Back home and I went on the Patients Portal to discover my bloods are fine but my protein levels have jumped back up after falling last week. :(

It's only proper home grown crumble if the wheat to make the flour is home grown and the corn to make the custard. :sneaky:

Worked.
Decided to clean the windows.
Cleaned the windows (inside only though; I'm not that keen!)
Watched Wheeler Dealers.
Cauliflower cheese and breadcrumbed fish for tea.
Doing a bit more work, while (not) watching MU vs WHU.

Booked 1/2 day tomorrow; going for a run over the Chase (y)

Cleaning & checking over the motorhome, trip to Keswick tomorrow to meet up with some friends last seen 20 years ago, sorted out some photos to take from days gone by, then down to Cotswolds for a funeral stopping off near Stafford for a night

Went for a blood and urine test this morning
Reminds me of the time my Mum took my hard of hearing Dad to the doctors and the doctor told him he wanted a urine, stool and semen sample. "What did he say?" he said to my mum. "He said he needs to look at your underpants" she said. ;)

Went to work this morning. Came home, went round my mums to check on her, went and did a shop for work - tea, coffee, stationary, bog rolls, cleaning materials etc. Went to GSF car parts and bought a cam belt kit for our A3, came home and got the dinner on for when Mrs Mottie came home from cleaning and cooking for her mum.

Sponsored Links
Back