What have you been doing today?

Reminds me of the time my Mum took my hard of hearing Dad to the doctors and the doctor told him he wanted a urine, stool and semen sample. "What did he say?" he said to my mum. "He said he needs to look at your underpants" she said. ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Mrs Mottie has just got back from walking the dog in the country park and blamed me for (a) Leaving the bonnet unlatched on Chuggaboom, the Golf, (b) Smoking in it (I haven’t smoked for about 20 years) and (c) Scattering the contents of the glovebox on the passenger seat and footwell. I had my suspicions so I ran through the CCTV and sure enough at 3:47 am I saw some scumbag rifle through the car. Probably looking for loose change as I can’t see that anything has been taken. Must remember to lock it up at night from now on.

5D2581D4-B889-4C02-97B4-4E97B84C4440.jpegF70B8638-7D50-4C13-ADAA-FF2B3684A538.jpeg

Mrs Mottie has just got back from walking the dog in the country park and blamed me for (a) Leaving the bonnet unlatched on Chuggaboom, the Golf, (b) Smoking in it (I haven’t smoked for about 20 years) and (c) Scattering the contents of the glovebox on the passenger seat and footwell. I had my suspicions so I ran through the CCTV and sure enough at 3:47 am I saw some scumbag rifle through the car. Probably looking for loose change as I can’t see that anything has been taken. Must remember to lock it up at night from now on.

View attachment 297379View attachment 297378

When Mrs fillys car was broken into the other year she was in tears saying 'they've scattered ***t everywhere', I took a look and said to her it doesn't look any different to me.

Went and helped myself to a load of free roofing battens from a skip to use as the shelving on my greenhouse bench. Spent an hour de-nailing them and cutting them to size. Will fit them tomorrow or Monday and I’ll even be re-using the nails. That’s recycling for ya!

5F0ABE8C-0D3E-4E9D-AB8F-3515BA835D05.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Cooked a nice pork crackling joint tonight….and broke a £90 knife cutting it up! Had it 4 years and was my most used favourite knife. Supposed to have a lifetime warranty. Already sent an email to the supplier. :mad:

FBCFA27B-8125-4A7C-89B6-C12145F24230.jpeg

Anyone watching 'The Gold' TV series at the moment? Last weeks episode ended with two Rottweilers attacking an undercover policeman that was watching Kenneth Noye's house. We went on a dog walk today to one of our other regular walks in Weald country park. Right in the middle of the forest there is a fenced off
property where one of those in the series, John Palmer lived. He was gunned down in the grounds. The footpath runs parallel with the fence. His son still lives there. Anyway, you can see the property as you walk past it and what did we see but two bloody great Rottweilers come bounding up to the fence. You can see them in the picture I took. I must admit I was a bit nervous as I thought they could easily clear the fence but thankfully, they stayed on their side of the fence. Just as well as our Susie would have ‘ad 'em! :rolleyes:

1C8EA568-38E6-4CC4-9FFD-87D3C8DE3E8F.jpeg

View attachment 297379View attachment 297378
So you lock it and get a window broken....

So you lock it and get a window broken....
I don’t think they are that desperate. Just an opportunist rifling through unlocked motors. Didn’t touch our locked A3. Nobody had any damage to their cars. One woman had some boxed clothes stolen that she was going to send back the following day.

Last edited:
Sunday dinner, followed by getting the tractor out to cut the grass, the first cut of the year. I cannot usually even attempt to cut it this early in the year, except this year the soil is unusually dry. Normally, the deck grass duct, will choke up several times during the first cut, due to the sheer amount of grass, but this time, it only choked up the once..

Went and helped myself to a load of free roofing battens from a skip to use as the shelving on my greenhouse bench. Spent an hour de-nailing them and cutting them to size. Will fit them tomorrow or Monday and I’ll even be re-using the nails. That’s recycling for ya!

View attachment 297414
Finished off my second greenhouse bench today. Quite pleased with the rustic finish lol.

07CDE498-994B-4D77-A30C-645B5E05BD8C.jpeg

Got home from work early today. Freezing cold, intermittent rain so I popped over the allotment, had the place to myself as I suspected so I just had a fire with all the offcuts of battens and just sat and watched it with a cup of tea. Pukka.

B9429254-A2ED-4616-8F05-3BC21CEEDFE5.jpeg

Cooked a nice pork crackling joint tonight….and broke a £90 knife cutting it up! Had it 4 years and was my most used favourite knife. Supposed to have a lifetime warranty. Already sent an email to the supplier. :mad:

View attachment 297415
Wusthofs are nice. Never seen anyone literally break it in half, usually just tip shattering or handle issues :D

Last edited:
In the workshop today fitting a cam belt kit to our A3. A bit fiddly, I've done worse but considering how loose the crank pulley bolt was (undid it with an impact gun), it was impossible to tighten up to the specified torque. 150Nm plus 180°. No way! I had the crank locked, did the 150Nm but couldn’t get anywhere 180°. Best I could get with a 6ft scaffold pole was about 25°. Any more and something would have snapped. That'll have to do - I doubt I could undo that with my impact gun. I turned it over a few times to make sure nothing was hitting but still crossed my fingers and everything else when I first turned that key! :ROFLMAO: Currently having a tea break - just got to fit the underwing shield and engine shield then I’m done. Good for at least another 5 years now.

Edit: I ****ing HATE those underwing shields. They never go back easy. :mad: :evil:

Last edited:
Winding down for the weekend, or just winding down, invoicing, quoting etc then off to the shed to spend a good few hours honing my chisels and plane blades.

I bought some Japanese Whettstones recently, so had a play with them.

Everything is razor sharp and ready for the next unseen nail.

Finished off my second greenhouse bench today. Quite pleased with the rustic finish lol.

View attachment 297589

Where's your catchment tray? Could lose a lot of compost through those gaps. If you catch them on a tray underneath, you could 'recycle' that as well. ;)

Bloke down the road sells similar things, (about half the size), for £44 a go and they are not treated or anything.

Sponsored Links
Back