What have you been doing today?

Just a standard two-which heater with a small chimney that my daughter got me for my birthday. Originally, she bought me an electric one, not realising I didn’t have electricity over the allotment! Paraffin is quite smelly and expensive - twice the price of petrol, and if I had a greenhouse at home, I’d look at electric ones.
Gonna check electric ones then, thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sitting in the workshop waiting for students to turn up. Should have been here nearly an hour ago but they've not even been to school today. Never mind, I've been paid handsomely and it's a price the school are prepared to pay when booking sessions for chronic non-attenders. I think I'll give the bike a good clean. Luvvly Jubbly. :mrgreen:

Been waiting in all morning for the British Heart Foundation to come and collect a sofa that we had donated. Bit annoyed really - they couldn’t even tell me whether it would be a morning or afternoon collection, just that it would be any time after 7.00am. They've just been so I can now take the dogs out for a walk as they are driving me mad. Whilst waiting, I decided to set my seed spuds out to chit in the back bedroom so they can be planted out when ready. Gone a bit OTT on the Jazzy potatoes this year - when boiled with the skin on, they are absolutely gorgeous with butter, salt, freshly ground black pepper and some chopped up fresh mint.

4B14F79E-9377-45CD-B5AE-06AEB2A70E5C.jpeg

Got on to my insurance company to find out how my claim is going for my dogs treatment that was sent in on the 22nd of last month. They tell me it only went on to their system on the 3rd of this month and they 'expect' it to be looked at within the next 4 weeks or so! Not good enough so I phoned back to their complaints dept, told them I wanted to make a complaint about the length of time it's taking. The woman put me on hold while she spoke to (I presume) a supervisor. Unfortunately she didn't press the right button so I heard some of the conversation. She came back on and said if she prioritised my claim, would I still want to complain. I said no, as long as it’s a genuine prioritising and not just lip service. She said it would be as all calls are recorded. She said it would be done in three days and would be paid into my account 5 to 7 days after that. I said that was fine but I then told her that next time an annoyed customer phones up with a complaint and you speak to someone, mute the call because when that customer hears you say "I have a Mr xxxxx on the phone and he says he wants to make a complaint blah, blah, blah" he could become even more annoyed at hearing his complaint be described as "blah, blah, blah". There was an awkward silence and she said "I do apologise". :ROFLMAO: I’m going to hold her to her word - especially as the "blah, blah, blah" would be recorded.

Looks like she meant it - just had this:

7FF79BBA-BC59-4AE6-B14A-99189D55C8DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Took the dogs out in the fields, both mine and my mums. Big mistake letting her off the lead - the little bugger rolled in a soft patch of fox shît!

645EA601-4D9D-4A19-9231-D0FDE088BCA5.jpeg

She got a blasting with the garden hose when I got home to get the worse of it off. Then, because of her size, she went straight in the kitchen sink and washed properly with the 'Fox Poo' shampoo.

0C2C5839-7C5E-4740-82D3-A367D968B2A4.jpeg

Smells lovely now. (y)

Nice easy day today. Pottering around the garden for an hour or so, couple of hours meddling with a second-hand shredder in my shed then a trip into town to pick granddaughter up from school and bring her back home. She's now playing her switch thingy with her uncle in the lounge while I enjoy a long-awaited coffee.

Haven't you got a dog only sink?

:sick:
No. That’s my mums dog. Our dog wouldn’t fit in a sink. We have a portable Karcher to wash her before she gets back in the car.

1678899436723.jpeg

Today I just walked from the door so straight into the rear garden. Don't worry, the sink got a thorough bleaching afterwards and no poo was on her when she went in!

I went up Sainsburys to do the weekly shop last night around 8.30 - they are open until 10.00. There couldn't have been more than a dozen people in there. When I was at the very end of the first aisle, I heard a commotion near the entrance and the 5 foot nothing female security guard was saying "No, no, put them back". A 6’ male wearing a face mask with a laundry bag had practically cleared the meat shelf, slung the bag over his shoulder and was making his way out. He swatted her aside like a fly and went out with her being dragged along trying to restrain him. Only a few weeks ago the same security guard had tried to stop someone outside and had received a kicking for her troubles. I ran after them but before I’d got to the end of the aisle she came back in - I don’t think she followed him outside this time and I can’t blame her. What struck me though was that not one single member of staff went to her aide. When I got home and told Mrs Mottie what had happened, she said there was no point as apparently shoplifters are not prosecuted if their goods are under a certain amount. What’s it coming to these days?

When I got home and told Mrs Mottie what had happened, she said there was no point as apparently shoplifters are not prosecuted if their goods are under a certain amount. What’s it coming to these days?

I have heard the same. What is the point of a 5 foot nothing female security gaurd?

I have heard the same. What is the point of a 5 foot nothing female security gaurd?

Same with the rozzers. Some of the police girls must be no more than 9 stone wet through. What use are they when it gets physical? Coppers of yesteryear had to be a minimum height and physically fit. See some real tattooed sights these days, stomachs hardly contained by their stab vests, grazing in the donut aisle of Asda.

Sponsored Links
Back