What have you been doing today?

Had our son, his wife, our grandson, our daughter and her husband over for dinner today. As usual, our daughter jokes about us putting our dog before her and her brother and brought a typical Mother’s Day card (for her) over for Mrs Mottie. We got the dog not long after she left home as Mrs Mottie was suffering from empty nest syndrome!

0839C8D9-1997-49C2-9958-3FA7730840D0.jpeg

Unfortunately I played her at her own game and sent Mrs Mottie a card from the dog. :ROFLMAO:

F49D2CB2-7EBB-4420-BD71-5CF51C02302E.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Took the dogs out in the fields, both mine and my mums. Big mistake letting her off the lead - the little bugger rolled in a soft patch of fox shît!

View attachment 298338

She got a blasting with the garden hose when I got home to get the worse of it off. Then, because of her size, she went straight in the kitchen sink and washed properly with the 'Fox Poo' shampoo.

View attachment 298337

Smells lovely now. (y)

And again today! This time it was on her head, behind her collar, in her ears….:mad:

20B2471B-2E07-4692-A3D3-9B81EDA1CC27.jpeg

Sitting in the workshop waiting for students to turn up. Should have been here nearly an hour ago but they've not even been to school today. Never mind, I've been paid handsomely and it's a price the school are prepared to pay when booking sessions for chronic non-attenders. I think I'll give the bike a good clean. Luvvly Jubbly. :mrgreen:
And the same again! Apparently one of them turned up to school but he had a tummy ache so they sent him home. Oh well, I guess I'd better fire up the old guitar again.;)

Has to visit my GP for my Pneumonia vaccination and while there, they checked my BP. 165/92. They said it hadn’t been checked since 2019 but I had a text asking me to check and submit my reading from them about a month ago - I did it and entered the results on the link they sent but they said they haven’t received it. I’m already on Atorvastatin 20mg for cholesterol and Amlodipine 5mg for BP and instead of upping my Amlodipine they are putting me on another tablet in addition to the others. That made my BP go up! :evil:
The nurse said she wants to see it at 90/140. Checked it myself when I got home and it wasn’t that far off. Either their machine is poggered or mine is!

38A13F3C-77F7-4177-B245-41C3B8F48126.jpeg

Edit: I’ve ordered another BP Monitor. An upper arm one like the Doctor uses!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
....and a bottle of wine a day ;) :D
Lol. She asked me about booze and I did tell her it’s around 1-1.5 bottles per week. Honest! Despite what it looks like in the other thread, we only average 2 bottles per week plus the odd one given to us by the kids. Mrs Mottie works for the NHS and she is a bloody wine Nazi indoors because of the things she types up for the liver clinic consultant. Or was it conshultant…. :ROFLMAO:

Oh, and despite what Ellie keeps saying, I most definitely don’t have wine with my breakfast but I’ll let him go on believing that as it makes him feel superior and I know he strives for that.

Last edited:
Been in the greenhouse over the allotment pricking out flower seedlings and potting them on for Mrs Mottie. Nearly 200 of them, took a bit of time. Had some company from the leader of the allotment cat gang and then he went up to his usual spot to wait for a bird or a mouse to come along.

4C50458B-5A50-4E2C-A8F0-8021876CDAE7.jpeg

Just ordered an Indian takeaway for later. Beers in the freezer for when I get back with it.

Has to visit my GP for my Pneumonia vaccination and while there, they checked my BP. 165/92. They said it hadn’t been checked since 2019 but I had a text asking me to check and submit my reading from them about a month ago - I did it and entered the results on the link they sent but they said they haven’t received it. I’m already on Atorvastatin 20mg for cholesterol and Amlodipine 5mg for BP and instead of upping my Amlodipine they are putting me on another tablet in addition to the others. That made my BP go up! :evil:
The nurse said she wants to see it at 140/90. Checked it myself when I got home and it wasn’t that far off. Either their machine is poggered or mine is!
Well, I've had just two of my new tablets so far - Saturday and Sunday, Ramipril 2.5mg, and my new blood pressure monitor arrived today. I took three readings and it averages them out. Considering they said they were looking for 140/90, I’m quite pleased with this reading.

050C162A-C068-459E-8025-2ACB71BB6CD2.jpeg

Well, I've had just two of my new tablets so far - Saturday and Sunday, Ramipril 2.5mg, and my new blood pressure monitor arrived today. I took three readings and it averages them out. Considering they said they were looking for 140/90, I’m quite pleased with this reading.

View attachment 299350

Check you haven't left the demonstration sticker over the display, Mottie :ROFLMAO:

Somethings up here. One of them must be wrong. Checked myself with the old (wrist) monitor and got this :

CA8726FA-2C1D-422F-A4B3-1CE16AF54175.jpeg

For now, I’m going to assume the new, upper arm monitor is reading correctly compared to the wrist monitor.

For now, I’m going to assume the new, upper arm monitor is reading correctly compared to the wrist monitor.

The nurses suggest the wrist instruments are not to be relied upon. Personally, I have done comparisons, and found they give a quite similar reading.

BP can also be false if the arm cuff is not positioned properly. It should be past the crook of the elbow with the tube in line with your inner forearm. You should be able to get two fingers under the cuff before inflation. And it's best if you put it on your bare arm, not over clothing.
Mine averages out at around 125/66 with a pulse of 64

Well, the Dyson V10 Cyclone trigger was playing up. Online Googling suggested a cracked trigger. The part is not available from Dyson, you have to buy a whole body, but there are plenty of non OE triggers on Amazon so I ordered one along with the tiny screwdrivers needed in a kit for £7. I have zero patience but there were are some 'how to's' on Youtube. It looked easy so I ordered a kit and thought I’d have a go myself. It came today. I stripped it down, found that it was the trigger, successfully replaced it and it was all going great guns until the very last tiny, tiny, ****ing tiny connector that snaps in place on the circuit board. I ****ed it up and ended up slamming the whole thing onto the kitchen floor! :evil: When I calmed down, I put it back together leaving the tiny connector unconnected. Put the battery on, pressed the trigger and something went 'pop' inside. Oh well, I tried! Going to order a complete body tomorrow. :rolleyes:

FE82E72F-C3D5-4877-A28B-B87B6079E71A.jpeg
8059EB46-FC05-4AB8-BB4C-C61A2D5E0295.jpeg

And the same again! Apparently one of them turned up to school but he had a tummy ache so they sent him home. Oh well, I guess I'd better fire up the old guitar again.;)

And again! Third week running. Only this time I‘ve just had a text telling me that my students are on a trip to an ‘early careers foundation' so I don't even have to travel in tomorrow. Sweeeet!

Sponsored Links
Back