What have you been doing today?

A picture arrived yesterday and took no time at all to hang on the hall wall with the hanging 'kit' included in the price...

IMGP5487.JPG

...:LOL:

Sponsored Links
A picture arrived yesterday and took no time at all to hang on the hall wall with the hanging 'kit' included in the price...
Hot damn, do you need special training to use this kit? Seems complicated :LOL:

Moved our old sofa into the hall and waiting for the British Heart Foundation to collect it. It’s leather and is metal framed plus it has motors in it for the recliners so very heavy but luckily it splits in two but still I think I heard one of my ballcocks pop as I was struggling quite a bit. I need a lie down now, my days work is done!

Sponsored Links
Run/walk/run, 400m each, for 11km.

Decided to fix the leaking gutter (over back door, bodge by previous), resulting in gashing my knee with a Stanley knife.

At least it wasn't me donny (y)

Been over the allotment today now that this recent cold spell has finished and sowed some seeds - Golden courgettes, two types of tomatoes- Tumbling Toms and Shirley's, leeks, strawberry's, giant pumpkins (Big Mac's), sweetcorn, sweet peas, three trays of bedding plants and a few others I can’t remember now. All safely tucked away in propagators in the greenhouse and I’m going to have to keep an eye on the weather - if frost is threatened, I‘ll have to have to go over and fire up Paraffin Pauline, my greenhouse heater. :cool:

IMG_20230312_150227_HDR.jpg
More rugby miles today for youngest lad.

His U18s rugby team are in the National Cup and they played Novocastrians away.

They won (woo-hoo!) and are now in the Semis, playing Olney at home on 2 April.

They've done well, but whatever happens in the tournament, it'll be a bittersweet moment as the vast majority of the team have been playing rugby since U6 and this is their last year. As the tournament is knockout, the Olney fixture could be the last game where they all play together.
:cry:

Anyway, I topped up with oil (only a small dribble or two required) and the oil light only came on twice briefly, once on the way out and once on the way back.

348 rugby miles.

Now I have to try and navigate the interwebby to pay for the Tyne tunnel crossings.....

Thanks, Mottie.
I'm immensely proud, not just of my lad, but the whole team, who I call the rugger brothers!

They have worked really hard as a team and won many trophies and awards down the years.

Went to the Seaside with Mrs E to buy some seafood, cockles and such like, sat there watching the seagulls bobbing in the harbour, also watching two women drinking pints of Lager at 11.15am and thinking "it's a bit early love".....

Returned home and third attempt at getting my chisels razor sharp, or sharp enough to trim the hairs of my palms, gave up, got the Bourbon out and relaxed...

Been over the allotment today now that this recent cold spell has finished and sowed some seeds - Golden courgettes, two types of tomatoes- Tumbling Toms and Shirley's, leeks, strawberry's, giant pumpkins (Big Mac's), sweetcorn, sweet peas, three trays of bedding plants and a few others I can’t remember now. All safely tucked away in propagators in the greenhouse and I’m going to have to keep an eye on the weather - if frost is threatened, I‘ll have to have to go over and fire up Paraffin Pauline, my greenhouse heater. :cool:
What sort of gh heater do you have? My father been looking to get one for a while, might look into decent budget models out there(his b-day is in a few months :D )
Also apparently some my father's friends want to send him a hunting scope, gotta figure out if it's even possible(does anyone have any experience with mailing night vision scope from US? Do I need to check some extra paperwork?)

Last edited:
It's not his fault. He gets into all sorts of muddles
the rain soaked through to my underwear then I threw in the towel.
But hey, whatever you need to do to keep 'em warm and dry, right? :D

Brigadier said:
gashing my knee with a Stanley knife.
At least it wasn't me donny (y)
Should have thrown in a towel..

the hairs of my palms
There might be other things you can stop doing to cut down on that particular problem.. ;)

Last edited:
What sort of gh heater do you have? My father been looking to get one for a while, might look into decent budget models out there(his b-day is in a few months :D )
Just a standard two-which heater with a small chimney that my daughter got me for my birthday. Originally, she bought me an electric one, not realising I didn’t have electricity over the allotment! Paraffin is quite smelly and expensive - twice the price of petrol, and if I had a greenhouse at home, I’d look at electric ones.

Sponsored Links
Back