What have you been doing today?

Been making up borders for my beds at the allotment from decking joists. Sawing, digging, hammering, bending, drilling and screwing. I'm aching like a b'stard! Picked some of my forced rhubarb and I'm making a rhubarb crumble as I type.

4004DC45-1029-48B2-806C-A3230B1B9288.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Saw something today that made me chuckle.

Picking up second-born from golf, I was waiting on the club car park.

Ambulance trundles down the drive, and stops at the clubhouse entrance. Ambulance persons alight.

As they go into the clubhouse, an old guy (80, if he was a day) is coming out, puffing away on a cig. :LOL:

Cut the hedge, planted some veg, watched my Sparrow in his nest box, I think its a keeper... also aching like a ****

Playing catchup, after not having much spare energy this past week, for anything - due to covid. I did a wash, hung it outdoors for the decent drying day, cooked my Sunday dinner, had a long soak in the bath, moved the caravan a bit, to prevent it getting squared tyres and left it's battery on charge, then bring the washing in, before getting the tractor out, to cut the grass - it was still far too wet, could have saved my time :(

Sponsored Links
Watched my youngest lad (the one going to NZ) playing in a semi of the National Cup versus Olney.

They played very well, but Olney were better.

Never mind, that makes his team the best U18 team in the North of England.

Sadly, this is the end of a journey that started when he was 5 turning 6.

The incredible thing is that a large number of the team that started when he did are still there, as are the coaches.

They have done an amazing job training and coaching the team over the years.

During the match, we were a bit distracted by a buzzard who was getting dive-bombed by two crows. They were giving it what for. Eventually one gave up but the other carried on for a while before also giving up.

I wonder if the crows had young and were trying to shoo the buzzard off.

I'm very proud of the whole lot of them, they've done very well over the years.

Had a busy day. Dropped something off for a friend.

Sold some scrap silver.

Bit of shopping at Morrisons, some more at Aldi.

Some gardening by moonlight!

IMG_20230403_201814_HDR.jpg

Did the online form for National Statistics and earned myself a tenner, plus a handy carry-bag for the free goodies.

A whole lot of digging and raking over the plot today. Was over there from 12.00 to 5.00. One plot holder couple whose house backs onto the allotment always bring out tea and biscuits and we sit round a big table on their plot. Time just melts away and you think of absolutely nothing other than what you are doing. Very therapeutic and is very good for the soul. Still doesn’t stop the aches at the end of the day though…..

Had what I think was a queen bee in the house today. It was massive and buzzing at the back door…must have come through the car flap as we prop it open otherwise the cat won’t use it!

There were a few more bumble bees waiting on the other side of the door when I let her out.

9224EB60-9A31-4E9C-B8BB-2CEAC2D08FA0.jpeg

We have a fishing net for catching bees, they seem to like to cling on to the mesh, looks like bumble bee

Sponsored Links
Back