What have you been doing today?

One of the plot holders over out allotment has some bee hives on his plot. I help out on a local shoot and I trade him pheasants for honey. :giggle:

Sponsored Links
I can’t reply to the Breakfast thread. Someone has no sense of humour! JD

Sponsored Links
I've been ordered by the Quack not to take them as they exacerbate hypertension.

Beaconsfield model village and the De Havilland museum yesterday, might try Lakeside shopping centre this afternoon.

Had what I think was a queen bee in the house today. It was massive and buzzing at the back door…must have come through the car flap as we prop it open otherwise the cat won’t use it!

There were a few more bumble bees waiting on the other side of the door when I let her out.

View attachment 300038
I hope you released it back outside. :)

Re-doing the stones in the flower beds. Raking most of the top layers off, levelling out the beds and then will be topping them up when the new stones arrive today or early tomorrow morning. Also be straightening one of the beds which, for some unknown reason, the previous owners put a silly dog-leg in the front edge. Now it will be nice and straight, making it easier to mow. Only taken 7 years to get around to it. :LOL:

It’s taken time but after constant nagging by me to the CEO of Thames Water, things are starting to happen. Had their contractors round today taking photo's and measurements. Showed me the plan of works and they are installing a manhole/inspection chamber in my drive, digging up gardens and drives and replacing the drain from my house right to the existing manhole three doors down, fitting them a new manhole and from there, replacing the drain right out to the main sewer in the street. Hurrah!
Getting closer. Had another contractor round today taking internal and external photo's plus more measurements. I can almost smell those new drains…….. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back