What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Spilling a tin of (expensive) paint...

Have a new ring on the 'phone (especially for cold callers), made me jump when it rang as I was charging my brush, luckily I had thick dust sheets down so the paint is on that and the customers carpets.

The cold calling chap wasn't to impressed with what I called him. Bloody PIA's...!!!

Too wet for the allotment today so while Mrs Mottie is over our sons doing a bit of babysitting I tried setting up a BT Whole Home Wifi that my son gave me so I could get a better signal from my bird box Wifi camera. Gave up on that and decided to do a Bolognaise sauce batch cook. That's going well but I’ll have to have a good clean up before Mrs Mottie gets home. The bloody sun is out now!

B2AE36A1-3CF8-46B1-8623-E7887A25FBC4.jpeg

Looking at window film for the shed the old stuff is rotting.

Sponsored Links
Taking delivery of 50 bags of Cotswold stone chippings. Managed to get 9 bags laid before the rains came and stopped play.
Weather supposed to be good tomorrow so will continue before moving on to next project which is replacing some of the patio slabs.

Replaced the kitchen door handle that snapped off in my hand a few days ago.

D76EB84B-6C6F-4860-9031-9BC13BD49858.jpeg

It was still a bit stiff so I removed the handle on the other side and the door latch, lubricated them and fitted them back on. Now as smooth as a smoothy smooth thing. So smooth, it showed up the lounge door handle that was stiff and graunchy so I removed those handles and latch, lubricated and refitted them and now they are as smooth as silk. Didn’t have any proper oil so used just a touch of vegetable oil. Did the trick though. (y)

Last edited:
Pottering in the garden, sticking a leg back on my plant trough, couple of G&Ts, cooking a leg of lamb (half price from Sainsbury's )

Sponsored Links
Back