What have you been doing today?

Bit of a dent on the roof and bonnet.

A409BB5F-9706-453D-901D-F13DEF4174D9.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Coming back from West London today, a beggar got on the circle line train and started going through the carriages asking for money. Of course he stopped right next to me. He was absolutely rotten. Young guy probably late twenties, looked like he hadn’t washed or brushed his hair or beard in a month, dirty, rotten, stained, oversize clothes, not wearing any shoes or socks and his feet were black and he stunk. He stunk so much of cannabis my eyes actually started to water and some women opposite me held their jumpers and hands over their mouths and noses. Most people ignored him when he stopped and stood there asking for money for food but on two different occasions over a period of three stations, an elderly Asian man and a very well dressed young Asian woman actually went out of their way and came from a carriage further down the train to put some coins in his hand. I wondered whether it is an Asian cultural thing or were they just gullible? I suspect the former as they came to him. You just knew that if he got any money, what he would be spending it on. He got off at Tower Hill and sprinted up the stairs to cross platforms and go back the way he came.I’ve seen that happen before with an Asian giving money to the person that just sits outside Hornchurch Sainsbury's with his dog, craftily not technically begging but accepting money when it is given to him.

Sponsored Links
I cut the guage off my crappy wee bike tyre pumper upper, plugged the end with a screw, and hey presto, I've got a guage.
I binned the rest.
20230413_164546.jpg

Off Topic. Posts deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drove into Barrow to pick up Mrs CB tonight, huge rolling billboard on the approach almost begging people to work at BAE, called in at one of my suppliers who told me loads of sparks are giving up working for them selves and going into BAE, apparently they are looking to recruit 7000

Coming back from West London today, a beggar got on the circle line train and started going through the carriages asking for money. Of course he stopped right next to me. He was absolutely rotten. Young guy probably late twenties, looked like he hadn’t washed or brushed his hair or beard in a month, dirty, rotten, stained, oversize clothes, not wearing any shoes or socks and his feet were black and he stunk. He stunk so much of cannabis my eyes actually started to water and some women opposite me held their jumpers and hands over their mouths and noses. Most people ignored him when he stopped and stood there asking for money for food but on two different occasions over a period of three stations, an elderly Asian man and a very well dressed young Asian woman actually went out of their way and came from a carriage further down the train to put some coins in his hand. I wondered whether it is an Asian cultural thing or were they just gullible? I suspect the former as they came to him. You just knew that if he got any money, what he would be spending it on. He got off at Tower Hill and sprinted up the stairs to cross platforms and go back the way he came.I’ve seen that happen before with an Asian giving money to the person that just sits outside Hornchurch Sainsbury's with his dog, craftily not technically begging but accepting money when it is given to him.
Should take a leaf out of this guys book.
He makes a fortune. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• Beggar..jpg
    Beggar..jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 48
Today I have been mostly…..shovelling shît - for the allotment of course! Filled up chuggaboom at the stables. :giggle: If I could have got nearer to the pile, I’d have shovelled it straight into the back onto the tarp I had in there. As it was, I had to bag it and barrow it to the car.

8418B989-DC8E-447C-B03E-7189466D1807.jpeg

7B674A0C-C6D2-4AD2-8457-4B23C9F2020B.jpeg

Attachments

• EB3B08D9-D32F-4814-9271-C7EEB3349CC4.jpeg
    EB3B08D9-D32F-4814-9271-C7EEB3349CC4.jpeg
    464.6 KB · Views: 32
Finished off my Easter holiday work at school, had a nap then two hours of intense Pickleball

Sponsored Links
Back