What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
After 18 months of panic, pain, confusion, tears, terror and small moments of joy it's time to break out the party hat and celebrate...

muppets.gif

...the bathroom is finished!

Well; almost.

I stuck the final panel to the wall behind the door with a flourish, ignored the edges to trim later and declared the damn thing done.

The only thing i want to do in there from now on is my own damn business. :LOL:

After 18 months of panic, pain, confusion, tears, terror and small moments of joy it's time to break out the party hat and celebrate...

muppets.gif

...the bathroom is finished!

Well; almost.

I stuck the final panel to the wall behind the door with a flourish, ignored the edges to trim later and declared the damn thing done.

The only thing i want to do in there from now on is my own damn business. :LOL:

Good man.

Sponsored Links
Today has been the first day, since my box profile steel roofing sheets were delivered, to reroof the summerhouse, that both the opportunity and the weather allowed me to make a start and tackle the job, so a 9am start this morning. I've been chomping at the bit, wanting to make a start, since it was delivered.

We managed to get all 10 sheets in place, fixed around the bottom edge and most of the leading edges, before she went of to work - banning me from climbing up whilst she was absent, in case I suffer an accident. Apex is still open, but it's 95% watertight now.

The roof has been a constant ongoing maintenance issue, ever since I built the summerhouse, decades ago, due to wind, birds and squirrels tearing the felt. One issue causing additional delays, was bees had decided to turn a bird box, into their hive, just under the eves. They seemed to vacate the hive last week, however she decided to move the what she assumed to be empty hive, since when there has been a couple of quite large ones, busily investigating the area where the hive used to be.

Went to pick up my 4 wheels that I took into a tyre place over week ago (9days) as I had not heard any thing

Apparently they lost all the paper work so the 4 rims were there but no tyres

Told em to stuff it

Took my rims away and went elsewhere which ended up being £90 cheaper any way

Moved my pumpkin today, it was in a tub but had spread over the lawn so transferred to the main veg plot

Moved my pumpkin today, it was in a tub but had spread over the lawn so transferred to the main veg plot
I have two pumpkin plants (Big Max) in a bed that my onions were in. The onions have now been harvested and are drying out and I’ve pruned each pumpkin plant to have just one main stem with just one pumpkin on each stem. The stems are approx 8ft long. I’ve taken off all the other side shoots, small pumpkins and flowers so I’m hoping for a couple of big 'uns for my grandson and niece for Hallowe’en. Going to give them plenty of food and water. At the moment, both pumpkins are about the size of a grapefruit. I have another pumpkin plant in another spot - plenty of flowers but none of them have developed into pumpkins yet.

Got a stew in the slow cooker, half home grown, beans, peas, carrots, onion, as well as pork, celery, spuds & celery soup (condensed)

I have two pumpkin plants (Big Max) in a bed that my onions were in. The onions have now been harvested and are drying out and I’ve pruned each pumpkin plant to have just one main stem with just one pumpkin on each stem. The stems are approx 8ft long. I’ve taken off all the other side shoots, small pumpkins and flowers so I’m hoping for a couple of big 'uns for my grandson and niece for Hallowe’en. Going to give them plenty of food and water. At the moment, both pumpkins are about the size of a grapefruit. I have another pumpkin plant in another spot - plenty of flowers but none of them have developed into pumpkins yet.

Out of interest, I measured the circumference of them today. Both were 14”. Gave them both another feed of my comfrey fertiliser. ;)

IMG_1480.jpeg

Harvested one of my smaller golden courgettes, a lettuce and the last of my dwarf French beans.

IMG_1483.jpeg

Went home when it started raining. Yippee!

Helped a neighbour to put a 200-250kg(?) potted olive tree back on to his decking. It recently blew off the decking in heavy winds and amazingly, the pot survived the fall down the two decking steps.

Took 3 of us, and lots of grunting.

Very wet today, so no outdoor action. A while ago, I bought an air awning for the caravan and awnings anyway, are quite heavy to thread up the awning rail, but air awnings are even heavier - so I determined to see if I could do something to make the heavy work of threading, a little easier, somehow...

I came across a gadget online, which uses rope, pulleys, and attaches to the top of the awning rail. Pull the rope down, the awning is pulled up along the rail - but for £30 to £40. Something I can easily reproduce in my workshop, with the use of my lathe. So that has kept me out of the rain for the afternoon.

Sponsored Links
Back