What have you been doing today?

Although it doesn’t really matter what the stats are. The fact that mottie’s done it is the main thing (y)

Next time you need to do the walk marginally quicker that last time, and keep improving the pace to the point you’re out of breath :)

Agree; use the figures as a benchmark.

Sponsored Links
I think I’ve had over 140 bpm in the past but I didn’t go all out as I still had a swim to do.

To be fair it takes me nearly an hour to run 6 miles (10km) so it is one hell of a walking pace.

This was my last run at the weekend, which was slowed by having to run up valleys and along a pebble beach.
Hmm. Maybe it was Km's then. It just said '6' on the screen. FWIW, I didn’t start off at '6' and 6.5 gradient - I built up to it. Nearing the end, I had travelled nearly 1.8 - either miles or Kms, I’m not sure. I’ll check next time.

Hmm. Maybe it was Km's then. It just said '6' on the screen. FWIW, I didn’t start off at '6' and 6.5 gradient - I built up to it. Nearing the end, I had travelled nearly 1.8 - either miles or Kms, I’m not sure. I’ll check next time.

Could be "level 6" effort, for all any of us know.

Just keep doing whatever you need to do, to get to your goals (y)

Sponsored Links
Bloody Sainsbury’s! Just done a shop and didn’t look at the till receipt until I got home - I need my glasses to see it anyway. I bought a leg of lamb, half price, £13.25 instead of £26.49. When I looked at it, further down the receipt they had somehow charged me again for it and then given me £26.50 discount which would be fine if I had bought two of them. I had to go back up there but nowdays, the ‘customer service' till is done at the fags and lottery counter. I was in line with a load of old stinking smokers and loser gamblers buying their weekly fags, lottery tickets and scratch cards. Even then, I had to explain simple maths to the person behind the counter. At one point she said "So I just have to refund you the £26.49?”. "No, you have to refund me £13.25” I told her. She looked confused but did it. What a faffing fũck about!

Went to the tip with some old suitcases. Sadly, it was shut. They used to be open till 8, but now it's 6.

Bonus, found an old tenner in one of them.

Nearly getting into a case of "I vont to see your papers, Englander!", as I came within a hair's bredth of brake checking a convoy of CRS vehicles (no, nothing to do with Co operative Retail Society - French Police heavy mob, bit like our SPG). Let me explain. I was heading south on the A20 - it's two lanes in each direction. Anyway, I was minding my business in the right/slow lane and realised I was gaining on a lorry, so checked nothing close behind, I move out into the left lane to make my overtake.

Anyway, as I was alongside the lorry, a large black saloon suddenly appeared on my rear bumper, closely followed by a van. He was very close and impatient for me to overtake. What I normally do in these situations is give a very slight dab on the brake pedal to show the light with my left foot so I don't suddenly lose speed. If they don't drop back a bit I sometimes also turn on the hazards. For some reason I wasn't in the mood (just as well as it turns out) and just made my overtake and pulled into right lane after.

As the saloon passed me I could see 4 large uniformed people in it, and I could now read the writing on the following van "CRS Police". As soon as they were past me, another 6 CRS vans quickly followed and as I went on further, more vans passed me to catch up with the lead saloon and van.

Had I not exercised restraint on this one occasion, I could possibly have been in a bit of bother. The saloon in front was obviously someone in charge leading the convoy to wherever. Only I could consider remonstrating with the French CRS. Of course if I was driving the Granny and had a bottle of Bells and 20 Piccadilly in the glove box, I would have had a chance of making them see reason. Shut it!!! :giggle:

Last edited:
Bloody Sainsbury’s! Just done a shop and didn’t look at the till receipt until I got home - I need my glasses to see it anyway. I bought a leg of lamb, half price, £13.25 instead of £26.49. When I looked at it, further down the receipt they had somehow charged me again for it and then given me £26.50 discount which would be fine if I had bought two of them. I had to go back up there but nowdays, the ‘customer service' till is done at the fags and lottery counter. I was in line with a load of old stinking smokers and loser gamblers buying their weekly fags, lottery tickets and scratch cards. Even then, I had to explain simple maths to the person behind the counter. At one point she said "So I just have to refund you the £26.49?”. "No, you have to refund me £13.25” I told her. She looked confused but did it. What a faffing fũck about!
Last year I was in Tescos with my wife, we bought a jar of almond butter as it was on a special.

But we got charged full price, so had to go to the flags n lottery counter like you.

Anyway, the guy was clueless so they had to find somebody who went trawling the shop to confirm the price, she checked it and came back with a jar - which she handed to me.

We got the correct discount then set off to leave, when I noticed the original jar was sitting in our trolley, so now we had 2 jars….being honest, I couldn’t just go, so we had to find somebody to hand it to.

And after all that, my wife doesn’t like it because it’s smooth not crunchy.

Are you sure that wasn't in kmh?

Too much to ask that the machine is accurate, but that it is not is also a possibility.

And doing 20 minutes on what is a quite a steep gradient, and only getting to 133 bpm.

For someone who has not mentioned anything above dog walking before, I find the above figures "remarkable", to put it politely :)
A walk around Rome this morning. Yes, all figures are in Km's. I walked at 6km/h again this morning with a 6.5 gradient and bang on 133 bpm. Did that for 20 minutes. For the last 3 minutes I upped the gradient to 7.5 and kept the same speed but got my heartbeat up to 145. After 20 minutes I had done1.91kms. I then did a 15 minute swim.

I felt great afterwards.

This morning, unlike yesterday, I felt bloody knackered afterwards!

A walk around Rome this morning. Yes, all figures are in Km's. I walked at 6km/h again this morning with a 6.5 gradient and bang on 133 bpm. Did that for 20 minutes. For the last 3 minutes I upped the gradient to 7.5 and kept the same speed but got my heartbeat up to 145. After 20 minutes I had done1.91kms. I then did a 15 minute swim.

This morning, unlike yesterday, I felt bloody knackered afterwards!

Set your goal, then use the figures to benchmark from.
That would be my advice (y)

Wondering why so many British people think there are 52 states in the USA.

Wondering why people wonder why so many people think there are 52 states in The USA.

I was having a chat with my niece about the US elections and it came up. It's something I've noticed over the years. I have wondered whether it's because there are 52 weeks in a year and 52 cards in a deck. But for some reason, a lot of people in this country think there are 52 states in the USA.

Sponsored Links
Back