What have you been doing today?

Maybe they know there are 50 states, but think it's 50+2, instead of 48+2.

I've thought that might be the reason, as well. It's just one of those things that tickles me. I'm talking about at least ten people over the years, all clever and well educated, and every one of them has thought that there were 52 states.

Sponsored Links
Wondering why people wonder why so many people think there are 52 states in The USA.
Well, they can't be fans of Samuel L Jackson then :)

1711128222186.png

Sponsored Links
Bike ride, pratting about with dishwasher waste pipe, looking for leak in conservatory

Suddenly realised the roofers are coming tomorrow.

Panic!

Got my middle lad to get in the loft and chuck everything down.

It's amazing how much shoite we have collected.

Most of it is bin-bound.

Finished half an hour ago.

Phew!

Thanks, Matty!

Suddenly realised the roofers are coming tomorrow.

Panic!

Got my middle lad to get in the loft and chuck everything down.

It's amazing how much shoite we have collected.

Most of it is bin-bound.

Finished half an hour ago.

Phew!

Thanks, Matty!
I often wonder whether the shoite in our loft would fit in a skip if we were moving. Half of it belongs to our daughter as she has no room in her flat for it - not needed enough to take but too good to chuck of course! They're putting it up for sale soon and buying a house and when they move in, it’s going - either to their house or the charity shop or the dump! Then there’s the three Christmas trees, a dozen suitcases, my fishing gear, my golfing gear, the 4 spare chairs for Christmas, a cot, a box of cuddly toys, assorted boxes of plumbing and electrical bits - bound to come in handy one day, two wallpapering tables, two suitcases of old photo albums from back in the day when you kept and sorted your photo's, two massive boxes containing our Swarovski gold plated Crystal chandeliers in case they ever come back into fashion, Mrs Motties wedding dress and shoes, my decorating tools, numerous half filled pots of paint and half rolls of wallpaper just in case, a few bathroom floor and wall tiles in case I crack one, two and a half boxes of LVT click lock where I over ordered (actually will come in VERY handy for the upcoming kitchen refit), the cushions for the patio furniture, boxes and boxes of toot, some of which haven’t been sorted since we move in back in 1990……..

Last edited:
Yeah, there is a box of cassettes just come out of the loft that we stuffed up there in 1999....!

Been sorting through a load of paperwork when I was S/E.

Came across a particularly difficult to resolve accident I was involved in where the driver who was to blame sent me on a wild goose chase and gave me a false name and address.

I reported him to the Police. Initially, they were not in the slightest interested and basically told me to go away. I dug my heels in and insisted they take details and the desk fielder almost sighed and eventually called a detective to take the details. I told her angrily, "sorry to take up your precious time asking you to investigate a real crime!"

The DC told me they "couldn't find" details of the driver, so I had to go away and pay for the DVLA to send me the driver's name and address. Went back to the police station armed with the information and eventually got the ball rolling. It eventually went to court where after a lot of faffing about because he didn't turn up, he was found guilty of various things in his absence.

It was a real faff of a case, even though I had legal on my motor policy. They basically left me to do all the donkey work and sent me stupid letters, querying everything I was asking them to do. The legal protection promised "a stress free resolution" etc etc ... But it was anything but!

They questioned loss of earnings when I had on fact claimed for inconvenience, but they insisted on going for loss of earnings, knowing I could not prove such.

The wording of one letter was "Please advise how much money you think you lost..."

Another letter said that the revelation that I had hired a van when I owned a car "changes things a bit", when my very first letter to them explained this in full.

I hired a van as I was not allowed to carry ladders on the courtesy car. As I had business use, I insisted on hiring a van. The van hire company did not want ladders on their roof either, so I ended up having to hire a Jumbo wheelbase van....

I asked them to use their skills as lawyers to put forward a convincing case.

And at one point I told them the case was turning into a farce.

You pay for this cover and when you really need it you get an office full of incompetent oafs.....

Been sorting through a load of paperwork when I was S/E.

Came across a particularly difficult to resolve accident I was involved in where the driver who was to blame sent me on a wild goose chase and gave me a false name and address.

I reported him to the Police. Initially, they were not in the slightest interested and basically told me to go away. I dug my heels in and insisted they take details and the desk fielder almost sighed and eventually called a detective to take the details. I told her angrily, "sorry to take up your precious time asking you to investigate a real crime!"

The DC told me they "couldn't find" details of the driver, so I had to go away and pay for the DVLA to send me the driver's name and address. Went back to the police station armed with the information and eventually got the ball rolling. It eventually went to court where after a lot of faffing about because he didn't turn up, he was found guilty of various things in his absence.

It was a real faff of a case, even though I had legal on my motor policy. They basically left me to do all the donkey work and sent me stupid letters, querying everything I was asking them to do. The legal protection promised "a stress free resolution" etc etc ... But it was anything but!

They questioned loss of earnings when I had on fact claimed for inconvenience, but they insisted on going for loss of earnings, knowing I could not prove such.

The wording of one letter was "Please advise how much money you think you lost..."

Another letter said that the revelation that I had hired a van when I owned a car "changes things a bit", when my very first letter to them explained this in full.

I hired a van as I was not allowed to carry ladders on the courtesy car. As I had business use, I insisted on hiring a van. The van hire company did not want ladders on their roof either, so I ended up having to hire a Jumbo wheelbase van....

I asked them to use their skills as lawyers to put forward a convincing case.

And at one point I told them the case was turning into a farce.

You pay for this cover and when you really need it you get an office full of incompetent oafs.....

Ive seen films made on story's like this.

More killing yet less exciting

Calm down, it’s all in the past now!
You're right.

But it's shocking to see the amount of paperwork there was just to sort out an uninsured crash. Nearly filled a lever arch file!

Got the MIB in.

Then there were issues with the car repairs which were shocking. Filler not sanded down before painting, paint runs, clear plastic protectors stuck to the paintwork (which was white) with oily fingerprints behind it, bumpers not refitted correctly, black parts of the car with over spray all over them....Got the overseer of bodywork repairs (can't remember their name) in to look at that. In total, the car went in 5 times. And two of those were after the overseer got involved. I believe that bodyshop's accreditation was removed after that.

They were not happy.

Motor Insurer's Bureau!

They help with cases where there are uninsured drivers.

I am still wading though a pile of rubbish from the loft. I have a load of papers from 9 years trading self employed that need shredding. Small quantities I can do here, but I have 6 archive boxes stuffed with A4 papers with at least 10kg of paper in each.

Got a quote from a firm in Sheff that will shred them for 70 quid plus the dreaded.

Also found my course studies from the 80s.

Sponsored Links
Back