What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Where is a good place to invest at the moment ? Shares may be worth a punt after collapsing, I'm having a punt on silver, ISA's are worthless, as is any bank account, and with talk of negative interest rates, stocking up on canned food could be a wise move.
they have bounced a fair bit back already, my guess is they will be a roller coaster for a year or two but will come back to pre corona. Have put my money where my mouth is too, just had a savings account mature 3 weeks back, with not much more than 1% available I have stuck it in an adventures shares portfolio thing - had 2.2% back already - may be I should cash it in and run? but then I will get 21% if it gets back to where it was. Of course the whole global economy may go tits up and then that will be the end of that

Not yet 9.00 and I’m up, made the beds, emptied the dishwasher, walked the dogs, reapplied for my May furlough money (well, just told the accountant still employed and not working), had an iced coffee and I’m off in a minute to do the weekly shop for us and the MIL. Busy, busy, busy. :rolleyes:

0930. 35 minutes of pouring sweat on the elliptical machine (got gym in separate garage). 26 degrees C at start , and getting much, much warmer as day goes on.

Currently, 33 degrees C

IMAG0451.jpg

Expect it'll be approaching 40, by tea time.....

Going to cremate some meat this evening.... :cool:

Sponsored Links
Off roading mainly 22miles.
Tough on the body but I think it's worth it.

Ended up in the lovely Village of Standon. Quick pasty and drink from the Baker then off home with a loath of Sourdough for the freezer.

Bought a small gazebo with netted sides to go over the spa and help keep the midges away. £200+ on the likes of Amazon/Ebay and a few other sites.
B&M had same one for £100 so shot down in the car to find the only one left was the display one. Asked if we could have that for£75 and eventually agreed on £80 as it hadn't even been up for 24 hours. Had to dismantle it in the store but the manager also gave me a small tool kit to use, (couple of screwdrivers, some small spanners and a pair of pliers), which helped a great deal. After paying and loading it in to the car I went to hand him the tool kit back. He wouldn't take it because he couldn't re-sell it after using it so I offered to pay for it, again he refused. Kit was priced at £9.99 so effectively saved £30 and it came in handy to re-assemble the gazebo at home. Pity more managers in shops aren't so obliging. He did offer to help but was worried about getting too close to each other so I did it on my own.
It is now erected over the spa and screwed down to the patio. One very happy wife and one worn out husband.

Not yet 9.00 and I’m up, made the beds, emptied the dishwasher, walked the dogs, had an iced coffee and I’m off in a minute to do the weekly shop for us and the MIL. Busy, busy, busy. :rolleyes:

Mottie, has your wife left you?????

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

Mottie, has your wife left you?????

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy
She works part time Mon, Tues & Weds mornings. I don’t work those days anyway but I normally doss about at home and just about finish those chores 30 secs before she walks through the door. :LOL: I blame the quality of daytime tv. :rolleyes:

Lovely day.

I was so impressed with my bike ride, I went home got all my girls and drove to the same village for a picnic.

Picked up some black grass from a stool outside a cottage...

Lovley day.

Sponsored Links
Back