What have you been doing today?

This morning, I’ve been digging about in my own poo!
At 62 years old I’m on my second bowel cancer screening test - every two years when you reach 60 you get a kit through the door from the NHS - and it’s changed from last time. I’ll try and be polite - before, you had to take a sample on 3 consecutive days from either end of your movement on a sort of coffee stirrer stick, smear them on a card and send them off. A fair bit easier this time:

CBD835FC-90A6-4498-8DF3-FDAB12ABBC38.jpeg

Anyway, all done but not without a bit of drama. I laid a bed of toilet paper in the bog, did my business, took my sample, flushed and.......the water came right to the top of the pan. :mad: Obviously I used too much paper so I had to let the water go down which took a couple of minutes and then get a bucket of water and poured that in quickly from a great height to clear the blockage. Job done, popped it in the post box down the street just in time for the 9.00 collection. You youngsters have got it all to come.:LOL:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I’ve told the wife I’m going to go over there, take a pair, throw the old ones at them and walk out but I did just that in 1990 at a Benneton store with a faulty shirt they wanted to send back to Italy for 'testing'. I got arrested and charged with assault so I’m under strict instructions from 'er indoors not to repeat that very expensive mistake!
Lol......Explains your Diy accounts then!

Just sat an on-line Gas Regulations course and passed with 100% :)

Not much use to me as I don't do gas but it whiled away a few hours and kept the grey matter ticking over.

Just sat an on-line Gas Regulations course and passed with 100% :)

Not much use to me as I don't do gas but it whiled away a few hours and kept the grey matter ticking over.
Jeez....you must be bored.

Excel pivot tables, want and excel pivot table doing I'm your fella, on second thoughts, take your pivot table and shove it up your @#$%!

Working tonight. Did a job at offices this morning... Ne immersion heaters. Noticed that the Secondary return is not wired up...

So in tonight to chlorinating / disinfecting the hot water.

Not bad... easy work watching the football.

Took the dog for a walk this morning, got soaked right through. Had to change out of my pants when I got home. Spent the morning waiting for the Miele engineer to have a second go at fixing our machine - he supposedly unblocked it two weeks ago but it went crazy on Sunday. He didn’t show between the allotted times so I phoned up and had a moan. He turned up late. Of course, it’s righted itself now but he didn’t believe it could have been pumping out and filling with water at the same time until I showed him the video on my phone. He ordered parts while he was here and is coming back for a third go at it on Tuesday to fit a new control unit. I think he’s just playing parts darts. He can replace what he likes as far as I’m concerned as it’s still under the 10 year guarantee and isn’t costing me a penny. Did some more company accounts - should finish them off tonight when she's out at yoga. Right, a cup of tea and get ready for The Chase.

It's raining - has been 09:30 so
M'n'FA on computer.
Took bathroom extractor fan to peices; full of urk! - cause it making funny noise and keeping wife awake on nightly visit to bathroom.
Cleaned that out with heavy duty vacum and dust brush, scraper. Thought it best to wear Dust mask. It is quieter now but ?
Now to watch some TV!

Popped in to town with my wife just to get out of the house.
Came home with a bit of shopping, a new basin for the down stairs loo, associated plumbing bits and pieces, 3 rolls of wallpaper, packet of paste and some tiles for around the basin.
Bang goes my relaxing weekend.

6 hours of tedious driving, interspersed with two office visits, and watching second - born score the second of three goals for the school team. And they won (y)

Sponsored Links
Back