What have you bought today?

I was going to buy a ready cooked chicken the other day, when I got to the hot food counter there was a woman picking up and mauling every chicken

The last time I did that the chicken wasn't ready... And I think you have to respect that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
This morning I renewed my ...........annual travel insurance! Yep, strange, I know but we have holidays booked for June, July, October, November and December. I expect to not be going on at least the first two and with all policies (not renewals as they are classed as a continuation) excluding Covid cover for holidays booked after 13th March, I had to renew. All our holidays for this year were booked in Dec/Jan. Mind you, to be fair to my insurance company, they did give an existing customer discount plus the continuation policy is valid for 15 months instead of 12.

Just ordered a new Erbauer cordless drill from SF to replace one of my old ones. Old drill is still good but charger has gone belly up and I don't know enough about electronics to see if I could safely repair it. New one is only for DIY and I have already had the older version for about 4 years with no problems.
This is the one I've ordered.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-ebcd18li-2-18v-2-0ah-li-ion-ext-cordless-combi-drill/785hf
lets us know how it is -Ive always been tempted to compare these to the main brands -the Erbauers Ive seen look as well made as a makita.

Sponsored Links
lets us know how it is -Ive always been tempted to compare these to the main brands -the Erbauers Ive seen look as well made as a makita.

They're not as good. Don't get me wrong, I've bought their tools, they look good, quality feels OK, but with heavy use, they tend to fail.
I've got an Erbauer multi tool, bought it because it was something I thought I wouldn't use much, I've used it a lot more than I thought but after 2 years the trigger is getting quite 'sticky', I'm expecting that to fail soon. BUT, at half the price of a Makita, it's done well.
My opinion, not quite pro quality or up to heavy use day in day out, but I'd buy Erbauer before buying Aldi or Lidl for example, and more than adequate for household use.

Agree with fillyboy, they are not 'professional' quality but near as dammit for the price and I certainly rate them among the the higher DIY quality.
We use to use them in work, (where they got quite a hammering at times and seemed to stand up quite well), which influenced me to get one on my annual tool allowance. My thinking was if it didn't stand up to it then I wasn't out of pocket. Pleased to say it is still going strong and you can also upgrade the batteries from 2.0 to 4.0 or 5.0 Obviously the larger batteries take longer to charge but that's to be expected. Certainly recommend them as a decent brand.

Fillyboy, take it apart and give the trigger mechanism a good clean and degrease. It could just be dust/grime trapped in there that's making it feel sticky. I've 'rescued' many tools that mates were binning by doing such minor tasks. Failing that price up a replacement switch instead of splashing out on a new unit.

Still mulling a b'day present for myself, maybe I could use the money to buy a b'day present for eldest son as it's his birthday day after mine.

Still mulling a b'day present for myself, maybe I could use the money to buy a b'day present for eldest son as it's his birthday day after mine.
Handy. My wife’s younger brother always 'forgets' her birthday. It’s on the same day as hers!

owt wrong with Echo, I changed to them 7 years ago and can't fault them

Good to hear. Yes I've always been a devout Stihl fan love my ms261c chainsaw. But after reading about Echo strimmers took the plunge.

On account of the fine weather, along with the fact that we'll probably still have nowhere to go for the next couple of months, I’ve ordered a new patio table and chairs. Should be here next week just in time for the bad weather! :rolleyes:

5E2E874A-57E8-45A4-B108-D57569F997B4.jpeg

2 sockets, 1 light switch, 1 outdoor socket, 3 back boxes (drywall), 2 outside lights.

Today I bought 2 sheets of 9mm ply - cut to size, £43 from my local timber merchant. A roll of roofing felt, a tin of adhesive and a bag of clouts, £59 from a small diy store. Replacing the roof on my shed.
Will you tack the felt all proper like a roofer?

Sponsored Links
Back