What have you bought today?

I bought 10 pints of milk, 30 eggs and 4 loaves of bread..
Should've paid more attention to my order for click and collect. Still, my neighbour was very pleased with me passing half of it on...

Sponsored Links
I bought 10 pints of milk, 30 eggs and 4 loaves of bread..
Should've paid more attention to my order for click and collect. Still, my neighbour was very pleased with me passing half of it on...

I bought (amongst other things), 60 eggs (two trays) on Saturday.
They won't last long, as my lads love an egg (or three, or four) :eek:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Tried out the Sainsburys SmartShop for the first time on Saturday on the weekly family shop, it's an app whereby you use your phone to scan your shopping and and pack it in your bags as you go, then just pay at the end. All went well until I got to the till and my list disappeared, was facing the prospect of rescanning everything at a normal till when it appeared at the last moment thank goodness. Seems they were having technical issues with their tills that day and 9/10 people using the system were having to rescan everything at the till manually. Nice of them to mention that at the entrance!

Tried out the Sainsburys SmartShop for the first time on Saturday on the weekly family shop, it's an app whereby you use your phone to scan your shopping and and pack it in your bags as you go, then just pay at the end. All went well until I got to the till and my list disappeared, was facing the prospect of rescanning everything at a normal till when it appeared at the last moment thank goodness. Seems they were having technical issues with their tills that day and 9/10 people using the system were having to rescan everything at the till manually. Nice of them to mention that at the entrance!
I’ve just started using that app in conjunction with my special trolley bags. I now whiz through the self checkout tills. :D Had a similar scare you you last week when I closed the app down by mistake. Re-opened it and it was still there though - I don’t think it disappears until you actually checkout. Phew!

D4AD5528-D5AD-41D0-A6DB-F86200BBABF0.jpeg

It's changed the way I normally do my shop, heaviest items in the basket first, so ended up backtracking a bit, bit annoying having your phone out all the time too.

I was always against using self service facilities in supermarkets because I was in the mindset that it cost peoples jobs.
To be honest, with some of the checkout people having a, 'I couldn't give a $hit attitude,' lately we have started using scan & go thingys.
Now we can see how the bill is totting up as we go, there is no more "Please remove unexpected item from the bagging area" accusations when you have just put a very light item into a bag, and no more competing in the cashier v customer Olympics event of see who can throw/pack the goods the quickest!

Today I bought 2 sheets of 9mm ply - cut to size, £43 from my local timber merchant. A roll of roofing felt, a tin of adhesive and a bag of clouts, £59 from a small diy store. Replacing the roof on my shed.

Today I bought 2 sheets of 9mm ply - cut to size, £43 from my local timber merchant. A roll of roofing felt, a tin of adhesive and a bag of clouts, £59 from a small diy store. Replacing the roof on my shed.

Skimping it a bit with 9mm ply matey. 12mm at least imco.

Skimping it a bit with 9mm ply matey. 12mm at least imco.
The ply is not the main roof. It just a nice flat surface for the felt and goes on top of the existing T&G roof. I could have gone straight on to that with the felt but I know I’ll be looking at grooves in the felt after a while. Bought the 5 year guarantee heavy duty stuff rather than the normal paper thin felt too. No skimping here!

Plus it’s one more pair of hands handling your shopping.
I was going to buy a ready cooked chicken the other day, when I got to the hot food counter there was a woman picking up and mauling every chicken

Sponsored Links
Back