What have you bought today?

My mate had flashbacks for years afterwards, sometimes he'd just collapse while walking through town (Leeds).
IIRC, lsd can remain in the fluid around the spine for years. I stand to be corrected on that though.

Sponsored Links
I will always maintain that dope is far less dangerous and anti-social than drink.

A close friend/relative/whatever became an alcoholic and through supporting her I attended a few open AA meetings, I met lots of interesting people, not the kind of people I would normally socialize with, but interesting nonetheless.
My friend was fortunate enough to go into a treatment centre, she met a few celebs who I got to know but it was AA that eventually gave her the strength to stop drinking.
To be clear, I'm not talking about just getting drunk, but about drinking until they destroyed not only their own life but the lives of family around them, at one AA meeting I recall listening to someone who shared that he'd killed someone because of drink.
Of all the 'interesting people' I met over those years, at least 6 or 7 died. Not from alcohol, but from falling down stairs, suicide, or some illness that couldn't directly be attributed to drink but almost certainly was, none of them died from cirrhosis of the liver and alcoholism was something rarely seen on death certificates. I've never known anyone who died from drugs, obviously they do but I believe alcoholism is far bigger killer.

My friend hasn't had a drink for around 25 years now, she's one of the lucky ones.

Sponsored Links
We bought our first house in the late 70s looking out on open fields (still is) which turned out to be a well known magic mushroom site. I collected a few crops for research purposes, Hmmm interesting

When I was at university, I was talking with one of my mates about drugs.
I drank, still do, smoked for a few months as an early teen, but never did drugs.
I said that, if I did "drugs", it would be acid.
"Not a great idea", he told me, "Acid is the drug that makes you think you can fly. Which is not much good if you're up a block of flats."
I took acid most weekends for a couple of years and never once did I have the urge to fly. Phew by the sounds of it as my mate and I did used to like to climb up places and sit on a roof or two :)

Every weekend pretty much I'd take LSD on a Friday, speed so I could get through my double shift at work on Saturday because I'd not slept and smoked weed & drank throughout the week. I flippin loved it - art school student, punk and so many gigs & good times. Gave all drugs up after college to get on with my career, as well as know that it couldn't be my lifestyle for ever.

5 big bags of bird seed, a big bag of peanuts, (for the birds), 8 bottles of Spitfire, (for me), and my wife and myself a fish & chip lunch from a traditional English chippy.

Sat in the car eating them watching everyone running around like headless chickens going from shop to shop. Shelves at Sainsburys near us are full of anything and everything they usually sell so hopefully people are taking note there is no need to panic buy.

I got into the dreaded weed the other way round, first it was joints then cigarettes then pills which just acted as a turbo on anything inhaled. (no regrets though)
No good regretting now..

When I was at university, I was talking with one of my mates about drugs.
I drank, still do, smoked for a few months as an early teen, but never did drugs.
I said that, if I did "drugs", it would be acid.
"Not a great idea", he told me, "Acid is the drug that makes you think you can fly. Which is not much good if you're up a block of flats."
Ive done all the easy recreationals not the hardcore heroin derivatives.

My first experience with Acid was a microdot which i laughed at the size of it. Wow, audible then visuals then the laughing uncontrollably. What a night but that was a small dose. An hour seemed like many, and i went through so many different states of uncontrollable laughter to introspectively disappearing up my own asshole.

I much preferred ecstacy. My first pill i think you'll find many will recount as memorable. In tune with the music and everyone around you nothing you would ever experience straight. The only problem was it made clubs boring without. A bit like removing the twin turbo meth v8 from your car and putting a standard diesel back in place. A good pill on a night out or in with good dance music knocks it out the park beyond anything ive ever experienced emotionally and physically.

Weed is still a good visit now and again it's all about a good balance. They've all contributed to who i am today and my achievements.

What I haven’t bought today was a two family get together/DIL birthday celebration at Centre Parcs. Just received my deposit back. Just the Christmas break to cancel and that’s all my holiday deposits back for this year.
Aaaaand the final deposit on the final holiday of the year has just gone into my bank. Can’t even begin to think about booking anything for next year yet. Was hoping to do something a bit special for Mrs Motties 60th too. Still, it’s not until mid-July so maybe, just maybe things might be getting straight by then.

Apart from fags, booze and prescribed medicines, I’ve never taken drugs in my life and neither have any of my friends. All, our kids have though. :whistle:

Had a mad Amsterdam weekend in early 90s with a couple of mates. None of us had ever had anything stronger than John Player Special before. Visited lots of 'cafes', pubs and the red light area. Smoked plenty of skunk to see what all the fuss was about. Was a very different and interesting experience. Had it a few times after returning home. That got it out of my system and glad I tried it. Haven't touched it again since then and don't have any inclination to smoke it again. Would never try any pills as you just don't know what's in them.

Sponsored Links
Back