What have you bought today?

Quickstep epoxy putty to (attempt) a repair on the frost damaged Mexican Hat bird bath, might be a visit to Repair Shop in the offing to let lovely Kirsten do her magic

Sponsored Links
Tin of engineers marking BlueView attachment 230791
Blimey - it’s been years since I used that stuff. I used it for two things - checking the contact area on a crown wheel and pinion when rebuilding diffs and smearing round the eye piece on the tracking tool before getting an apprentice to check the wheel alignment. :mrgreen:

Just ordered a new remote control for my telly. OE one was £46, Amazon one was £5.98 and is arriving tomorrow.

You can get an app for that these days.
If I had been told that 20 years ago, I would have thought it was mad.
Yeah, I have the app but I find the r/c more convenient and only £6. I find I’m having to push some of the buttons on the original harder and harder.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I have the app but I find the r/c more convenient and only £6. I find I’m having to push some of the buttons on the original harder and harder.

Have you tried changing the batteries and cleaning the sensor?

Same old same old, everything is crap nowadays, TVs, washing machines, fridges, remote controls the lot. I'm on my 3rd TV remote.

Still got all 4 remotes in full working order after nearly 6 years.
Mind you, we don't really watch much TV in general. Usually settle down around 8pm to watch something on Netflix or iPlayer.
At the moment we are working our way through Line of Duty. Up to series 4 episode 2

Still got all 4 remotes in full working order after nearly 6 years.
Mind you, we don't really watch much TV in general. Usually settle down around 8pm to watch something on Netflix or iPlayer.
At the moment we are working our way through Line of Duty. Up to series 4 episode 2
Mother of god, are you ok fella!

Thanks. I might try that with the old one when I have the new one.
New ones here, works fine. May get round to stripping the other one down when I have the time.

Just spent another quid at Halfords to claim another free mot. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back