What is a reasonable price for a new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have had a couple of quotes for intergas combi boiler. The old boiler is currently upstairs I want to have new boiler repositioned downstairs. It will be 3 meters away from gas meter approx 2 meters away from hot and cold taps. With a nest thermostat. One quote is for £3200 the other one is a shocking £4900. Can someone tell me what is a reasonable quote for this type of job as I was surprised by these quotes. As a pensioner either I am out of touch with today's prices or someone is having a laugh :LOL:at my expense

Sponsored Links
There are a few models of combi boilers manufactured by intergas, so that would have baring on price. So which one has been quoted for? Other things to consider when relocating boilers are as follows: Flue positioning, condensate outlet, electrical supply and the flow and return routing to the new positioning. Then making good/safe where the existing one has been removed from.

Perhaps it would have been better to ask this in the plumbing section. (seeing as not having access to the gas one).

That sounds like a whole system price install to me, not a replacement boiler.
I'd get more local installers to quote.

moved

mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Not all pensioners are hard up. I believe you need to be in receipt of Pension Credit or other benefit for a free or subsidised boiler.

state pension is a benefit

"Who can get it?
You're likely to qualify if:

• You get tax credits and have a household income of less than £16,190 and...

• You receive income-based benefits, such as pension credit or income support, and you have children, a disabled person in the household, or are over 60."

state pension is a benefit

"Who can get it?
You're likely to qualify if:

• You get tax credits and have a household income of less than £16,190 and...

• You receive income-based benefits, such as pension credit or income support, and you have children, a disabled person in the household, or are over 60."

A state pension is not, in itself, a qualifying "benefit" for most things.

but it is a benefit and counted in the benefits bill
it is off course right that people get it without restriction but people take benefits to mean scroungers where in fact the vast amount off benefits go to the hard working with kids the sick or indeed to the elderly including pensions
about 5 years ago i researched this the benefits bill was about 209bn
children where about 37bn or 18%
low income was 34bn or about 16.6%
ill or disability was 36 or about 17.5%
unemployment was 4.5 or about 2.2%
and elderly was 93bn or 45.4%
now off course if you get unemployment and have children you get child benefits housing working tax credits and more but helps people understand the politicians choose to demonise to detract from what they are doing rather than correct misconceptions

Last edited:
State pension is not a state benefit..Its the state giving back your own money...Benefit is when you doss around on the dole all your life and expect to be given handouts...ie benefits.

not knowing the cost of that boiler or works involved i had a glowworm 35 combi fitted last year old boiler was in airing cupboard and wanted new one in loft
and that came to £1900 with new magna clean

State pension is not a state benefit..Its the state giving back your own money
If only that were true!

The money I paid into the state pension over nearly 50 years working has disappeared long ago. It was used to pay the pensions of those who retired while I was working. My current pension is paid for by all those working now.

The retired population is an increasing percentage of the whole population, so more money is required from those working to pay the pensions of the retired. Which is why retirement age is increasing; it delays when someone is eligible for a state pension.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back