What is racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a clone of my parents, neither am I a clone of my brother, in fact I'm different to every other person on the planet.. does that make me my own race?

I'm not saying that discrimination doesn't exist, just that it can't be because of race.. it's because of culture or religion or ethnicity or nationality or even gender or age etc,

Sponsored Links
i think it's simply thinking you're superior in some way to another group of humans... and usually this manifests itself when this group has financial/political/military/numerical dominance over the other group....

Ok, i just read a thread by a bunch of guys who have never heard of Haplogroups. There is indeed a method of classifying humans, we are NOT 'all the same'. The looney left PC brigade will HATE this..........

Haplogroups are genetic markers. you can identify the genetic origins of anyone on the planet by the haplogroups identifiable in there DNA.

I am a member of the genetic group that has the haplogroup R1B1 . Personally, i can say i dont mind other humans who do not have the genetic marker R1B coming to live in my country as long as they integrate. But i demand that people with the same genetic haplogroups as me get preference in our own national region.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_R1b_(Y-DNA)

Sponsored Links
I'm not a clone of my parents, neither am I a clone of my brother, in fact I'm different to every other person on the planet.. does that make me my own race?

I'm not saying that discrimination doesn't exist, just that it can't be because of race.. it's because of culture or religion or ethnicity or nationality or even gender or age etc,

but you can start grouping people in many ways... e.g. male and female.
But in a racial sense, you'd need to use a number of factors to categorise a particular race.

Blimey Lincs, have you lead a sheltered life and just studied throughout your childhood/adulthood?

Having read your posts/threads, you appear knowledgeable on many things - Haplogroups? Big Bang theory etc. Fella, you need a holiday and a pint ;) :LOL:

So to follow your argument. If we are all the same race, then by definition there can be no such thing as racism. But that we do in fact, discriminate along tribal lines.

So to follow your argument. If we are all the same race, then by definition there can be no such thing as racism. But that we do in fact, discriminate along tribal lines.
exactly.. it's not racial, it's for geographical / religious / cultural / socio-economical / other reasons..

i think it's simply thinking you're superior in some way to another group of humans... and usually this manifests itself when this group has financial/political/military/numerical dominance over the other group....

That doesn't explain why there are ethnic(read-race) divisions in poorer parts of the world.

So if someone made a post that referred to a "Polish electrician" that would not be racists and anyone that said it was, would be wrong?.

I wonder how many racists out there would refuse a blood transfusion for their child on the grounds that some of the anonymously donated plasma could be from a race of which they do not approve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back