What is racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The definition of racism has been completely abused in this country IMO.

It's fu*kin ridiculous.............

You only have to make a comment about the germans reserving sunbeds and ..............BANG....The race card is produced....... :rolleyes:

Bloke at work a few years ago was threatened with dismissal on the grounds of racism, for doing an impression of a frenchman..................because a frenchman worked there.... :eek: .......absolutely true............ :eek:
I mean sack him for a crap impression?...YES.........Racism ?.......NO....

I wont even bother with the obvious example......

I genuinely don't know what racism means anymore...... :rolleyes:

Worlds gone mad.

Sponsored Links
nevermind, I withdraw my previous remarks.
seems my understanding of "race" was a little too broad.. I should really have looked up the definition of it..
seems "human race" is a species title..

That for some reason we see division along racial lines in parts of the world where "financial/political/military/numerical dominance over the other group...." cannot be easily seen.

Hello............did any of the last three posters read my post on haplogroups.............

Sponsored Links
It just appears that we, the indigenous White/English/British people, ever dare make a remark/comment/critiscism regarding other race or creeds, get labelled racist.

Yet, if the shoe were on the other foot, what would be said? IMHO, this country has gone downhill rapidly. Yes, we need the foreign influx to help us, but they should integrate, tolerate our way of life and perhaps then, our society would be a better place.

How does that help us find out what racism is.

Because it raises a fundamental question about racism.

The whole premise of the anti-racists position is that there is no difference between humans, and all humans are the same, ergo to discriminate is illogical, whereas in fact its most clearly the cases their are hardwired tribes based on genetic markers within humans as a whole.

The self clustering of humans on genetic lines is as old as tribalism, and I propose that to discriminate on tribal lines is a natural inclination of humans, its what made our species evolve. Racism is merely a form of self preservation, and self preservation is a basic trait of humans. Racism is a natural and necessary form of self preservation.

It just appears that we, the indigenous White/English/British people, ever dare make a remark/comment/critiscism regarding other race or creeds, get labelled racist. Yet, if the shoe were on the other foot, what would be said? IMHO, this country has gone downhill rapidly.

I agree entirely. The over zealous enforcement of "equality" legislation is having serious consequences for the state of our citizens' wellbeing as the following article demonstrates.

Published: 1:57PM BST 11 Apr 2010
Roy Amor, 61, committed suicide five days into his suspension by Opcare, a private company that provides prosthetic and orthotic services to the NHS.

It is understood that he left three notes in which he spoke of his increasing despair at being under investigation.

Mr Amor’s torment began when he noticed immigration officers outside Withington Community Hospital, Manchester, and joked that his colleague had “better hide”. Although his remark caused no offence to his “victim”, it was overheard by someone else who lodged an official complaint with his superiors. As a result he was suspended pending an investigation.

The black man involved was a long-term friend of Mr Amor’s and joined other close colleagues at his funeral. Close friends have said Mr Amor, a member of Bolton Rifle and Pistol Club, committed suicide shortly after receiving an email about the ongoing investigation. A neighbour alerted police within moments of seeing him collapsed on the ground outside his home in Horwich, near Bolton. His wife, Ann, was not at home at the time.
Last night, six weeks after the tragedy, she was too upset to speak of her loss.

However, a friend said: “Roy made a joke along the lines that his friend had better hide in case the officers found him. It was nothing more than a good-humoured joke but apparently someone overheard it and made an official complaint because they thought it was racist. “Roy was devastated when he was suspended and was worried he might lose his job.

“His colleague has known both Roy and Ann for years and is a family friend. He went to Roy’s funeral and is as shattered by what happened as is everyone else. He has told Ann that he didn’t make the complaint.”

No one from Opcare was available for comment. A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said details of Mr Amor’s death had been passed to the local coroner. A full inquest is due to be held in August. “There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding his death,” the spokesman added.

So what the heck does this say about our country? It's gone to the dogs and no thanks to the Polititians to help it along it's way.

...just to point out that in that story, it was neither the black man, the politicians or any committee that reported him, it was a member of the public.

People have got to stop being so damn offended.

Racism is bad, but refering to race in a way that isn't negatively discriminitory is fine by me.

Racism, is having hatred towards someone of a different ethnicity due to thier ethnicity, as regards, to immigrants should change thier way's to that of the country....

grow up mate...have you any sense or compassion or respect for people's values beliefs and way of life, I don't see the opposite happening in muslim countires....and to be frank you'd say something harsh if that ws aksed of you....what about all the westerner's in dubai...they even have irish pub's thier...

dubai could easily go against that but they do not...maybe that's one reason they are such a success.

but do the westerners in dubai want it to become a christian nation like many muslims want Britain to become Islamic?

Of course not because that'd be stupid. "When in Rome do as the Romans do".

If immigrants don't want to accept british culture then go back to where you came from do us all a favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back