What is racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
:eek: one of your best posts ;)
My post's were like that before lifgas screwwwd and cramped my posting habits.
I guess we've gone over everything that needs to be said a few times so time to move on to 'newer' pastures (sheepishly speaking) ;)

CHELSEA WON yeaaaa. :LOL: :LOL:

Deep down, I guess I am slightly racist.
Not on purpose...I was just brought up in like a 99.5% all white community until the age of 13. I started thinking black people were like elves, only see them on tv, so I tend to start every time I see someone of colour.... I KNOW that is bad, so I try to compensate for it.

What I guess I am saying is aslong as i do my best to treat everyone equally (and not pass anything on to my kids) it doesn't really matter.

Sponsored Links
I'l be completely honest and admit that i'm a racist.

I didn't start out in life as a racist but due to where I grew up and experiences in my own life, I have chosen to take a negative view of all races. You would probably see this as being quite stupid in a multicultural society. It's not even a colour issue for me, it's a behaviour and culture issue. I'm sick to death of having to filter out my views from general conversation on other races just because of peoples human rights or a branding by society. Anyone who stands up for the indiginous people of this country is branded a racist, nazi or fascist etc which is disgusting in my opinion. Why are we not entitled to the same rights that the people coming here and living off of our wealth are? I wouldn't dream of entering another country with my cap in hand and then ram my culture and views down their throats! Would you let a pakistani guy walk into your house and tell you what you can and can't do? If the answer is no, why should we allow it outside the home? Our local council even warned that anyone displaying an england flag during the Euro 2008 tournament could face a £2000 fine as it may offend the ethnic minorities?!! F*ck'em!!

I'd be happy as a pig in sh*t if the lot of them just went back to their country of origin and let us crack on with our own way of life. They can stone their wives, force them to wear towels round their heads build mud huts, have 20 kids etc in their own country, we have evolved and industrialised way ahead of these people.

We all discriminate, some more so than others but if you're honestly telling me that you have never discriminated in some shape or form, you are a f*cking liar.

Reading that Shifty , i'd say you weren't necessarily a racist. Just angry, like a lot of us, about having foreign religions and cultures rammed down our throats. Also being told not to shout or be proud of being English in case it offends.
Racism is about hating others for what they are, and thinking ruling them or persecuting them is ok. You said you're quite happy for them to live life their way in their country... I feel the same, i don't hate foreigners, i hate what's happening to this country, and i hate the people who let it happen.

I don't know about not being able to show a george cross... during the world cup it should be compulsory.

I actually think you hit the nail on the head their mate :)

Good on you for being open minded.

I wonder how many racists out there would refuse a blood transfusion for their child on the grounds that some of the anonymously donated plasma could be from a race of which they do not approve?

Any other highly unlikely events you want to pull out of a hat? How about "I wonder how many racists would turn down a million pound from a black guy?"?

The british are not a race they are a nation.
Every one is the same under skin, the fact that a white male can make a black female pregnant proves that any difference is superficial.
So any of this nonsense about haloprops and markers from the likes of lincsbugger the king of cut and paste is just downright prejudice.

Every one is the same under skin, the fact that a white male can make a black female pregnant proves that any difference is superficial.
So any of this nonsense about haloprops and markers from the likes of lincsbugger the king of cut and paste is just downright prejudice.

no its scientific fact, unless your going to argue the entire science of genetics is fantasy..............

It depends on your definition. Dictionary.com seem to have a slightly looser definition than you:

Anthropology.
a.any of the traditional divisions of humankind, the commonest being the Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro, characterized by supposedly distinctive and universal physical characteristics: no longer in technical use.
b.an arbitrary classification of modern humans, sometimes, esp. formerly, based on any or a combination of various physical characteristics, as skin color, facial form, or eye shape, and now frequently based on such genetic markers as blood groups.
c.a human population partially isolated reproductively from other populations, whose members share a greater degree of physical and genetic similarity with one another than with other humans.

examples of cross species impregnation:

The liger is a hybrid cross between a male lion (Panthera leo) and a tigress (Panthera tigris)
article-1082121-0250BA83000005DC-48_468x317.jpg

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra (Equus quagga) and a donkey (Equus africanus asinus)

zonkey-zorse-camel-6-12-08-077.jpg

You can easily cross breed different species, let alone races. Your example is crass and irrelevant.

and heres a bizarre wild animal that dna tests showed to be a wolf/dog hybrid, completely unknown previously.

mysterybeast.jpg

None of these hybrids look too healthy, poor creatures. :cry:

In humans tho, The 'mixed' race or whatever you want to call them are generally beautiful examples of the human species, The best genes from both parents are picked and produce the healthier child.

The story that I know about the human species and their differences is unbelievable to some of you. ;)
But it's a grand one. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back