Asian customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a new boiler but I do not want some extreme right-wing plumber in my house, so I have asked Gas Safe for a list of plumbers registered on CC forum, so that I can choose one that has not been indoctrinated into extreme views. I see there are a few in this thread that I would not want in my house.
I appreciate that a non-member of the CC forum may also have right-wing views, but I reckon I am in with a better chance if they are not members of that forum.

I have told the Gas Safe that without the choice of a non-member of the CC forum, I may be tempted to do the work myself.

Hahaha

You get the WUM medal.

Most people will shield their views in public, so venting off anonymously on a forum is probably cathartic.

Sponsored Links
... so venting off anonymously on a forum is probably cathartic.
Maybe you are right.
Just from the first couple of pages of the thread:

..., I will most likely swerve them rather than risk wasting my time.

- told him to do one

Do it yourself then :rolleyes:

I always politely decline to work for them now.

Let someone else struggle with them.

I usually add cash on at start,

I won't work for them, no exceptions.
Perhaps I should have told Gas Safe that I am having difficulty finding someone who is Gas Safe registered and willing to do the work, and therefore I have little choice but to DIY.
Judging by the number of thanks these posts received, it seems a well entrenched philosophy not to work for Asians.
Maybe I should have consulted other organisations to see if they had any view on the problem.

Last edited:
how would gas safe know who is in the CC .You really don't know how any of this works do you.
I assume that Gas Safe will have to ask the CC forum for a list of registered members.
Perhaps you would be good enough to inform me when that happens so I can monitor the progress of my concern.

I assume that Gas Safe will have to ask the CC forum for a list of registered members.
Perhaps you would be good enough to inform me when that happens so I can monitor the progress of my concern.

You are funny.

Sponsored Links
Well there seems to be an unwritten rule that tradesman on this forum are all trustworthy?

Case in point. A friend of mine had some spotlights fitted. The electrician he found off my builder / tradesman website was rated well. In doing the job he sprung a leak to a pipe in the ceiling which was fixed. He called in a mate. That was last year.

Two week ago he finds a leak which he traces back to the leak that was fixed. His ceiling needs replastering. Instead of putting a new copper pipe piece in the guy had put in an isolation valve which had leaked.

So now I can appreciate he's not going to trust any tradesman and will be watching them.

The electrician he found off my builder / tradesman website was rated well.

Thats where his problem started. You cant count high ratings on a trade website, where the subscription is paid by the tradesman, as a reliable reference. A bit like any on line review, you have to interpret what is written but realise that bad reviews will get taken down.

The OP subject is tricky, it comes down to tradesmen doing due diligence on prospective customers.

If they have experienced Asian customers as difficult that may make them biased against taking them on as customers. That may be stereotyping one sector of people and may be unfair. The reality is that there is probably an element of truth to such an issue existing but its much more nuanced than that so a narrowminded viewpoint, like many aspects of life is unfair.

Judging by the number of thanks these posts received, it seems a well entrenched philosophy not to work for Asians.

I dont think the tone of this thread gives that impression. Gasbanni for example says 'I only have a few Asian customers, but no problems'

I think you are mistaking the views aired on a forum as an impression of the type of character behind the username. If you remember, not long ago, Gasbanni posted a thread saying that he was shocked how his sarcastic posts of the past didnt reflect his character.

I bet if you really do want a new boiler, the guys on here would do a great job for you. Ignore what you read, that doesnt reflect the quality of their character. Look at the technical posts they make -you will see lots of the heating engineers are hugely knowledgable

I bet if you really do want a new boiler, the guys on here would do a great job for you.
Maybe it is not a good idea to disclose one's ID to the plumbers having criticised the CC forum:

upload_2018-5-16_13-20-46.png

Maybe it is not a good idea to disclose one's ID to the plumbers having criticised the CC forum

Easy solution: create a new username and ask if there are any heating engineers in your area........

You could be one of those new members with a 'long time lurker to this forum' opening post.

Most people probably think charging £60 for an hour's work is way more than what they are on

The same people who naively think that the £60 is just wages that goes straight in the plumber's back pocket. They know nothing about business and the endless overheads. They are too slow to work out that although a tradesman may be in their house for one hour, it may have taken half an hour or more to get to the job and back. much more in some cities, then there's the parking. That £60 an hour can quickly become £30 per hour for two hours, but you can only charge for the hour you work in the customer's house. So, maybe down to £30 per hour, then you start taking the overheads out of it. Not looking so expensive is it?

Case in point re. overheads - mate is a chippy. Gearbox went bang on his van. £1000 to get it back on the road. So, he now has to earn that £1000 back before he can put bread on the table. And that's just one of his overheads - an unexpected overhead.

Trouble with people is they all think they know what a tradesman shouldn't charge. Then you ask them what he should charge. Because they don't have a clue about business and the tradesman's own overheads they're suddenly clueless.

Last edited:
Posted another load of bol locks.

Funny how you keep quoting posts made by himmycunt and then claim that you are not one and the same.

Had I known you would have revisited this thread 4 years later I would have added that I won't work for liars and lunatics either.
So no chance I would work for you on at least two counts.

The same people who naively think that the £60 is just wages that goes straight in the plumber's back pocket. They know nothing about business and the endless overheads. They are too slow to work out that although a tradesman may be in their house for one hour, it may have taken half an hour or more to get to the job and back. much more in some cities, then there's the parking. That £60 an hour can quickly become £30 per hour for two hours, but you can only charge for the hour you work in the customer's house. So, maybe down to £30 per hour, then you start taking the overheads out of it. Not looking so expensive is it?

Case in point re. overheads - mate is a chippy. Gearbox went bang on his van. £1000 to get it back on the road. So, he now has to earn that £1000 back before he can put bread on the table. And that's just one of his overheads - an unexpected overhead.

Trouble with people is they all think they know what a tradesman shouldn't charge. Then you ask them what he should charge. Because they don't have a clue about business and the tradesman's own overheads they're suddenly clueless.
People just don't think at all do they? And it's not like work lines itself up neatly in the trade so can go from one job perfectly to another and earn on average £60 an hour. So £60 really ends up being a half day wage.

Mate of mine is an artist and the amount of times he gets told 'can't afford to pay you but will give you a credit'. He just asks them if they think his mortgage company or gas & electric company would accept the same level of non-payment.

Funny how you keep quoting posts made by himmycunt and then claim that you are not one and the same.
Yeah, made me laugh that too. Strange old fella is wannabehimmy.

Has it never occurred to you that there might be Asian Gas Operatives that frequent the CC?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back