What should I use for my Kitchen windowsill?

Our kitchen windowsill doesn't get wet, but then we have mastered this "living in a house" thing ;)

Sponsored Links
Surely I've got to seal round the edges, to stop water going down the gap between the board and the wall / window frame?
My worktops are oak, and I'm fitting glass splashbacks, I can't just leave a gap between the glass and the wood can I?
It's in the kitchen so surfaces are going to get wet.

use an oil based mastic sealant.

Our kitchen windowsill doesn't get wet, but then we have mastered this "living in a house" thing ;)

we have children that are far too young to have mastered anything, let alone keeping window boards dry. our house is 'lived in'. ;)

We taught our children. It IS possible. I don't recall watering the kitchen window sill when I was young either. Is "our house is lived in" some sort of euphemism?

Edit: corrected quote from post.

Sponsored Links
I've obviously still got a lot to learn about this "living in a house thing" :eek:
I'm forever getting water on my kitchen worktops.
I think I'll start another thread on worktop sealing....

there are a heck of a lot of kitchen windows out there with a sink directly beneath.

it would be foolish and very short sighted to assume a window board in this location will remain dry. any horizontal surface close to a window can be subject to moisture.

noseall

Exactly, my window sill is 150mm above the sink. It gets wet sometimes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back