What sort of jigsaw blade do I use to cut a kitchen worktop?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want to cut a kitchen worktop down. I only have a jigsaw to do this with (i.e. no router - which I've read are the best things for the job).

I've read that it's best to stick masking tape to the worktop and draw your line on the tape.

My question is, what are the best blades for doing this? i.e. lots of teeth, not a lot of teeth, any particular type etc?

Many thanks for any advice you can give

:)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info foxhole. What 'sort' of handsaw (please excuse my ignorance) is best?? A hacksaw or another type?

Sponsored Links
Nice one motorbiking. Thanks for the link. Will get one of those as there's a toolstation not far from me.

Thanks again :)

You can get Special Jigsaw Blades to cut Worktops ( Down Cut)
s-l225.jpg

Thanks Bosswhite, I just popped into Toolstation on the way home and bought a Venom saw (needed a new saw anyway). So I'll use that but thanks for the info about the blades :)

I've always found a circular saw does it best.

laminate is very hard so will quickly blunt anything but TCT

If you're buying a new worktop, consider getting it from somewhere that will cut it on their big saw. IMO it will be worth the extra.

Thanks JD. It's actually an old worktop that I'm using to build a shelf in my summerhouse. I don't have a circular saw unfortunately but, for what I need, I think the saw I've just bought will be fine.

Thanks again everyone for all your help. Much appreciated. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back