What to do with "spare" sleeving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was in the wholesalers yesterday and while there asked for some blue sleeving. When I bought some brown "a few" years ago they had some small packs of a few (probably 5) metres - more than enough for the few jobs I do. Nope, don't have them any more - only got packs of 100m :rolleyes:
He did mark it down to only 20p more than they bought it in at as it was the last stock of a discontinued brand - so not exactly breaking the bank. Now, I'll be using even less blue than I do brown so 99.98m left over for now :whistle:
What do others do with spare like that ? Anyone found any creative uses for it ?

Actually I won't have that much spare - probably 90m. I took a bit off the hank, gave it back so he would have some he could give out to people who only want a foot or two. OK it'll cost them sales of a low value item, but they'll gain more in time not spent explaining that it really does only come in 100m packs.

Sponsored Links
Was in the wholesalers yesterday and while there asked for some blue sleeving. When I bought some brown "a few" years ago they had some small packs of a few (probably 5) metres - more than enough for the few jobs I do. Nope, don't have them any more - only got packs of 100m :rolleyes:
Try changing wholesaler. TLC, for example, seem to do all colours and sizes in either 10m or 100m packs.

Mind you, 100m doesn't cost much more than 3 times the price of 10m, so you's probably so best, as suggested, buying 100m and selling most of it, in fits, on FB!

Kind Regards, John

Yeah, but TLC aren't local so means paying delivery unless I was already ordering from them. I was already next door to wholesalers (CEF) so was able to drop in to get the metal box I'd forgotten to get on Monday :whistle:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back