What tool for the job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am about to change the fronts of my plug sockets, however looking at the back of them a few have 2-3 different cable running into what looks like very small holes.. currently this is all done nice and nealy, but once i remove them all the cable will unravel and be a knightmare to get into the the sockets... What tool/technique do i need to be able re wrap the cables so that they will fit.. i was looking a crimpers but the dont seem right
??

Sponsored Links
a screwdriver is all you need to change a socket, (after you have confirmed with an approved piece of test kit that the power is off)

If your note changing the back boxes, then it should be like for like, although manufactures terminials for LN&E vary by a little bit.

Where ther are 3 x cable this tends to indicate ring in, ring out and a spur. With 2 x cable it's ring in / out, where 1 x cable exists its either a end radial or a spur.

Always try a pull test on the terminated cables to make sure they are full in the terminal and that the terminal is tight on all the cables terminated.

All earth cable must be shrouded in green / yellow sleeve and MUST never be left bare wired !

Sponsored Links
Where ther are 3 x cable this tends to indicate ring in, ring out and a spur. With 2 x cable it's ring in / out, where 1 x cable exists its either a end radial or a spur.

Or radial in, radial out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back