What would it take for you to install Ideal again ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know there is a lot of hatred for Ideal on this forum and who can blame you to be honest.

I think they may have started to pull things round with the Logic but hey what do I know :D

What would it take for you to start fitting Ideal again ?

Sponsored Links
A big discount on unreliable spare parts a public apology to the existing customers of unreliable sh1tboxes and a reliable product with 4/5years proven track record. The first one is the crucial one for me though. Making an unreliable product is one thing, excessive profiting from it is just taking it a step to far.

Cast iron g`tee of same day fix within 2 years and if 3 faults in that time money back to customer

Sponsored Links

A supply of SE, FF or BF Classics & Mexicos c/w exempted customers.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Sounds about right.

The problem with Ideal is that every boiler they brought out since the Classic seemed like a good idea at the time.
Expecting Ideal to come out with a good boiler, supported by a good warrantee (in terms of honouring it properly, not about the promised duration) is like expecting the pope to find a way to ensure all the clergy leave the choir boys alone.

Ideal have for some years pitched their products to sell on price.

Manufacturers who try to sell on quality are better placed to find the money for proper R&D and in development testing.

I'm a bit concerned that Ideal are still striving to build boilers cheaper and therefore I'm not going to subject any of my customers to a Logic until they've had about 4 yrs on the Market.

The other problem with making boilers for low cost installs is that the number of failures due to shoddy installers not power flushing etc is going to be huge. And it is often the customers that shopped for the lowest priced job that make the most noise afterwards when it goes pear shaped.

Cheap or budget boilers does not nessarily mean , a cheap , or poor installation ! like wise an expensive ?? boiler does not mean a good install ?

i would rather have my eyes pecked out by a flock of angry sparrows than fit another ideal.

Why do you keep posting about Ideals Wangerman? do you work for them?

No I am a sparks by trade but have just bought a Logic +

I was just curious that's all

There are certain makes in my trade I would need a lot of convincing to use

I thought it would be interesting to have a thread not about helping other posters out but to garner opinions from people about certain subjects and as this is current for me I thought it might be interesting to have a debate

That's all really

A bit like my what you do if you werent a plumber thread I thought it would be a change of pace for the forum :confused:

I have never installed an Ideal and never would , unless I was really up against it financially and the customer insisted on one.

As they have never made a decent combi , ever , I would say anyone who has one installed must be mad when there are loads of tested combis out there at a similar price.

The time to crow about them is in 5 years time, not now.

Anyone remember the Isar or the Response?

Or is everyones memory really that short?

I know there is a lot of hatred for Ideal on this forum and who can blame you to be honest.

I think they may have started to pull things round with the Logic but hey what do I know :D

If they are taken over by a reputable, quality, company with better products and get rid of the name Ideal, then they may pick up. The reputation is dirt and may be irrecoverable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back