What's the point of saving this guy?

Hmmm, that's a good point masona. I suppose if he were my dad or similar I'd be thinking different to nickso, Coljack etc. I also like Prentice's point.

what did I say wrong?

all I said was something that I had heard on the radio.. that they are going to make it illegal to call someone fat.. it's a hate crime like calling someone a derogatory name..

as a member of the pie and chips brigade myself I'll be glad of it.. ( I'm about 28st for those interested.. and no that's not a typo.. )

Sponsored Links
I heard on the radio that they are going to make calling someone fat a hate crime...

quite right.

So how would you describe some one who is Fat?

I dunno, how do you describe someone from nigeria without using the N word?

you use alternatives that are not abbusive like overweight or "robust" or large.

it's not always self inflicted either..
I have borderline thyroid levels.. they are right on the lower end of normal, so I put on weight much easier than my skinny mate who has an overactive thyroid.. he gets through about 5000 calories a day and never puts on an ounce..

I'm not saying that I starve myself and still gain weight or anything, I'm quite partial to a curry or a kebab like as much as the next guy on the steet, I'm just saying that there are medical reasons for it sometimes too..

Sponsored Links
See the site owners are on the ball with advertisement for slimming pills at bottom of page.

Did that article really say a fleet of bariatric ambulances! Looks like fatness, like everything else in this country, has been turned into a pseudo-industry.
I wonder what the usage figures are for these jumbo-carriers??....

Anyone remember the tv fitness trainer - early 80's I think - little bloke with curly hair?

Apparently he had weighed some ridiculous amount, lost all the weight and got himself on tv earning loads. When his fame fell away he quickly ended up at 40 stone plus.

I think you mean Richard Simmons but he's still active and not fat.

Ive locked horns with joe before, but he is right here. I find it disgusting a human can let his or her self get out of control in the way this man has.

Paul.

I think you mean Richard Simmons but he's still active and not fat.

Yea looked at google images, thats the guy I was thinking of, but my assertion was obviously wrong.

A few years ago there was as series about seriously obese people in the usa, and at the end of one of the programmes they referred to this famous fitness instructor who had been and is now grossly obese. Anyone know who he is???

People get addicted drugs, fags, alcohol, food.

The problem with those that are addicted to food is, there is no stigma attached to "eating food".

In fact everywhere you look there is food being shoved at you wherever you go day or night. People will encourage you to eat. Eating is a natural thing to do for most people and is an essential everyday occurrence.

You can quit smoking and no harm will come to you.

You can quit drinking and no harm will come to you.

You can quit drugs and no harm will come to you.

You can not quit food. Ever. Those addicted to food will always be weaned back on it because it can never completely stop.

Sponsored Links
Back