What's This All About?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shutpa

On a thread that I started, ("Going On Holiday - Then Read This"), I find the following message:
"You have insufficient privileges to reply here."
That's a new one on me!

Sponsored Links
It's locked cos Himmi made a dick of himself again and people told him.

I am really sorry that that has happened because I wouldn't like him to think the following:

"If you dislike me, you're welcome to you opinion". I don't like or dislike any member of this forum because apart from one member I met by chance, I don't know anyone on the forum including him.
He also said:
"I argue logically". And he does! For example:"are you being rather underhand by trying to garner some support for some crusade against me?". Very logical. But he then asks:

"Why? Because you don't like my opinions.?". Where has the logic gone? I haven't answered his question, but logic gone he assumes that my answer would confirm his suspicions and asks "Why?". Very illogical.

In all honesty, my answer to that is that I don't need support for anything that I do. Moreover, I would never ever mount a crusade against an anonymous member here on DIYnot or indeed,in the non-internet world outside.

Finally, he said:
"That's extremely underhand and much worse behaviour from you than I would have expected."

That is very logical given the fact that he had no evidence to back it up.

Who said:
"Still, I am always open to having my opinion amended by events."

Probably locked on shutpa's request.
Because he likes to give abuse but can't take it.
Now he's playing dumb. Pretending he doesn't know it's locked.

The only other possibility could be because the mods thought he was trying to stir up a crusade against another poster.
It might be because it had deteriorated into abuse, but so have many threads recently. I wonder why that would be.
Oh yes, it's the myth peddlers trying to retrieve some credibility by resorting to abuse.

I see mitch wants to perpetuate the insults rather than engage in reasoned and logical debate. Again!
Sensible argument deserted you again? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

I am really sorry that that has happened because I wouldn't like him to think the following:

"If you dislike me, you're welcome to you opinion". I don't like or dislike any member of this forum because apart from one member I met by chance, I don't know anyone on the forum including him.
Then why did you feel the need to try to ridicule me? Was it out of the kindness of your heart? :rolleyes:
Let me remind you of what you wrote:
Regarding himmagin, your statement that his sad desperate life revolves around trying to be clever on an internet forum comment is so clearly examples(sic) by this, "have we learnt anything, or has this been all a waste of my time", that I am left wondering why the rank and file members haven't taken him to task before now.

He also said:
"I argue logically". And he does! For example:"are you being rather underhand by trying to garner some support for some crusade against me?". Very logical.
It's a perfectly sensible question. Is it true? You choose not to answer. Instead you choose to discuss, in depth, my questions, without answering.

But he then asks:
"Why? Because you don't like my opinions.?". Where has the logic gone? I haven't answered his question, but logic gone he assumes that my answer would confirm his suspicions and asks "Why?". Very illogical.
As logical as you wading into a discussion to try to ridicule me.
Notice the "Why? " one perfectly logical question. It's a perfectly sensible follow-on question assuming an affirmative answer to the previous one. Obviously if you choose to answer in the negative, it negates the follow-on questions.
"Because you don't like my opinions?" a perfectly reasonable follow-on suggestion, to be refuted or not, or negated as you wish.
Follow-on questions or suggestions
Definition of follow–on
  1. : being or relating to something that follows as a natural or logical consequence, development, or progression
  1. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/follow-on
In all honesty, my answer to that is that I don't need support for anything that I do. Moreover, I would never ever mount a crusade against an anonymous member here on DIYnot or indeed,in the non-internet world outside.
Then why appeal to others for support?

Finally, he said:
"That's extremely underhand and much worse behaviour from you than I would have expected."

That is very logical given the fact that he had no evidence to back it up.
You still choose not to answer my questions, instead you discuss them in depth.

Who said:
"Still, I am always open to having my opinion amended by events."
Are you not? Is anyone not?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back