When is an Ironing board not a suitable birthday presnt?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Answer.

When the wife buys you a work bench for your new workshed! :p

Yes. My birthday today. Lovely Draper work bench, heavy duty, drawers. Must of cost her a packet. But after the usual thanks I pointed out that if I bought her an Ironing board for hers she would have gone Apes*it.

She can't quite see the parallel! Women..... I will never ever understand them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Many Happy Returns Toptec:: Your round is it?? thanks, mine's a pint.. :LOL:

Roughcaster.

There is no parrallel. Despite the fact that you will use it for working on and repairing thngs that have been broken etc etc, because it is viewed by them as a hobby and enjoyment then it is a suitable present.

You're right it wont work the other way round, no matter how hard you try. Its the same with the toilet seat argument. they sit there arses on it and do pee over it, but we are expected to be the ones to have to touch it and move it up and down.

Sponsored Links
A toast to the members of DIYnot, ahhh at least I was allowed to have a cold one. Thaks to you RC.

Do you know what Guys. The first things I have had to make in my work shed, on the Birthday bench, are two flaming wooden planters for her Muvver!

Am sure it's the reason she bought me the thing. Ah well.

Talking of Toilet seats. Many years ago Pa-in-law was working in his bathroom decorating. He dropped his chisel onto the old toilet seat.

Muvver-In-Law, God Bless Her, was the first to use the bog and caught a ruddy great splinter in her arse cheek! I told her she should of lifted the seat like we all do.

:D :D :D

either this is a wind up or !!!!!

if she bought you a new tyre for your van would you be as impressed!!!!

the point is you are buying here somthing that she would need anyway connected to a very boring chore

yes this is definatly a wind up as you arnt that stupid :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Back