When to replace a car

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. I have a 54 plate micra, valued at £160 on webuyanycar. Anyone have an idea if i sould get another year out of it before anything major goes and what odds of ot lasting another year? Seen 03 plate micras about. Its wishbones and brake discs wete fixed last year. No sure if i could keep it till it breaks down then scrap it or get it replced now. As for autoexchange magazine, whats the usual meyhod of payment? Cash or cheque if i wete payong 5k ish for a car?

Sponsored Links
Quite a few dealers are offering a minimum trade in, similar to the scrap page scheme of days gone by.
As the Micra has no significant value, you might as well keep it until it drops - you'll still get a few quid for the scrap anyway.
For other car purchases, most outlets prefer you to use your debit card - that way they know the funds are guaranteed.
John :)

Cheers John. I thought about keeping it seeing as other older micras are still on the road. Btw the rattle is still there but used to it now so will leabe it lol. Thank once again mate. ☺

Sponsored Links
I had a Mondeo valved by we buy any car for £49, I sold it for £270 on ebay. I put it up for £1 and let it sell.

Andy

Don't forget that if you pay just the deposit with your CREDIT card (when buying from a company, not an private individual), you will have Section 75 protection, meaning that if your purchase is defective, and the trader refuses to repair or replace it, or give you a refund, you can obtain redress from your credit card company. There are still rogue traders out there, and until breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 becomes a criminal offence (so the Police are obliged to investigate) these dregs of society will continue to prosper on the backs of honest, hardworking people.

I had a Mondeo valved by we buy any car for £49, I sold it for £270 on ebay. I put it up for £1 and let it sell.

Andy
Should have held onto it and stored it. The price only go up .

It will be the sort after vintage car of tomorrow.

It even brought a new phrase into the English Language = " The Mondeo Man

Sponsored Links
Back