When will electric cars and driverless cars arrive here in general use?

People working in the oil industry are not slaves.
You will not find children extracting oil with bare hands.
Of course, like in every other job, accidents happen.
I remember a pharmacist who slipped on a liquid he had just spilled, banged his head and died.
Do we stop taking pills because of this???

Really?

https://www.vice.com/en/article/j54dwp/syria-s-oil-industry-uses-lots-of-child-labor

And who said anything about "accidents"? Or have you forgotten the various wars in the Middle East, fought under the wafer-thin justification of "regime change" when actually they were all about exploiting and safeguarding the West's oil supplies?

Sponsored Links
I won't waste much time on a simple concept, but I invite you to speak to the gallant people of africa about the cobalt and lithium mines.
In fact

About half of the world supply of cobalt is from Africa, specifically the DRC.
The vast majority of it is not dug up by children or with bare hands, because if it was, the amount obtained would be next to nothing.

Cobalt is used in some types of battery, including those in electric vehicles, computers and smartphones.
It's also used in refining petrol and diesel, and for manufacturing various metal alloys such as those used to manufacture cars and aircraft engines.

Most of the world's lithium supply is obtained from mines in Australia and South America.

A Toyota Prius is a 20+ year old design of hybrid car that's pretty much obsolete. Sales of it peaked over a decade ago and have been declining since then.

About half of the world supply of cobalt is from Africa, specifically the DRC.
The vast majority of it is not dug up by children or with bare hands, because if it was, the amount obtained would be next to nothing.

Cobalt is used in some types of battery, including those in electric vehicles, computers and smartphones.
It's also used in refining petrol and diesel, and for manufacturing various metal alloys such as those used to manufacture cars and aircraft engines.

Most of the world's lithium supply is obtained from mines in Australia and South America.

A Toyota Prius is a 20+ year old design of hybrid car that's pretty much obsolete. Sales of it peaked over a decade ago and have been declining since then.
This is what us, the western citizens, find on google while comfortably sitting on our leather sofas munching on McDonald's.
That is why I invited you to "speak to the gallant people of africa about the cobalt and lithium mines."

new mindset needed
fewer than 10% will have a personal car
you book a journey via central database the same one checking your fridge for food requirement and runs the house
this will connect in real time and planned requirements off all citizens

you will be going into town for a meal the system will know you are in good health and traveling with another adult and wont walk further 1000 yards
there will be an electric vehicle off a given size at an exact point like your front drive or collection point it may have several other people like a minibus or just say two others going on a similar journey
your jounrney may contain trams 'trains larger EVs at intrchanges as a joined up journey using the most efficient combination
we need to stop thinking a personal charriot is acceptable for all when they spend perhaps 90% off the time doing nothing

Sponsored Links
new mindset needed
fewer than 10% will have a personal car
you book a journey via central database the same one checking your fridge for food requirement and runs the house
this will connect in real time and planned requirements off all citizens

you will be going into town for a meal the system will know you are in good health and traveling with another adult and wont walk further 1000 yards
there will be an electric vehicle off a given size at an exact point like your front drive or collection point it may have several other people like a minibus or just say two others going on a similar journey
your jounrney may contain trams 'trains larger EVs at intrchanges as a joined up journey using the most efficient combination
we need to stop thinking a personal charriot is acceptable for all when they spend perhaps 90% off the time doing nothing
Hopefully by that time I'll be six feet under next to my 3.0L V6 as per my will.

Back