Where to buy plastic storage boxes from?

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to buy plastic storage boxes.
The cheapest I've found is £5.50 from Ikea for a 45L box (£4 box and £1.50 for the lid).
These are great, as I can pile one on top of another - that's really important for me.

Anywhere else I can get a better price?

I looked at ebay and Amazon and can't find better prices.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Wilko are selling them, I think in cartons of 5 or 6 depending on size. You can order online.

Edit
Not as cheap, though.

I once bought some cheap ones off ebay but they were so flimsy.
Got rid very soon after.

The best ones are those with hinged clips each end, which hold the tops firmly down; I think they're called Really Useful Box or something like that. They are sturdier than those with the flimsy lids, and stack well.
Bit more expensive than the non-hinge type.

Sponsored Links
We have some of the IKEA ones under our stairs, piled on top of each other, lids are a bit bent out of shape now. I use wham bam boxes in my van, very sturdy, and durable, but you probably won’t want to pay the prices though.

I found 2 cheaper places: Argos and qdstores - they have a much bigger shipping charge for big orders though, so need to factor that in.
I might go for argos, if I don't like easier to return.

The cheap ones are really flimsy and crack easily. You can get the proper industrial ones (with the interlocking finger lids) on Facebook marketplace for £6 each.

Thanks for replies guys.
I forgot to mention... The boxes MUST be transparent.

I was all set to buy 110L boxes from qdstores.
2 for £12. Amazing price.
Then I checked comments on Argos for an 80L model of the same brand. Many many comments about poor quality. ☹️
Loads of comments saying handles or lids break off. No good for me.

The contents can get heavy. So need something sturdy. Might go for argos smaller 65L option. In 2 minds.

The interlocking finger lids will not keep out rain, insects or dirt, and can collapse if you put something heavy on them.

The Really Useful ones are very strong, but expensive

They will all go brittle and crack if exposed to sunlight.

I bought some recently form https://mahahome.com/, In the interest of healthy competition, I try, where possible to buy from the smaller dealers. Last resort, Amazon. Bezos has enough cash.

Nozzle

The interlocking finger lids will not keep out rain, insects or dirt, and can collapse if you put something heavy on them.

The Really Useful ones are very strong, but expensive

They will all go brittle and crack if exposed to sunlight.
I started with cheap...break very soon..Expensive ones had for years now and still going strong...I find the more expensive ones from homebase as good as any...poundstretcher etc crappp..unless just shoving them under the bed.

I bought some Really Useful Box(es), not cheap but really good quality.

Can easily stack 5 or 6 high (excuse the mess!).
Screenshot_20200505-203719_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back