White privilege at its best

• Crime is generally higher in black areas
  • Black people are more likely to live in poverty due to a long history of slavery, segregation and discrimination
  • Poverty can also lead to a host of issues such as kids being brought up in single parent households, alcohol & drug problems, low attainment at school, lack of opportunity, gangs etc etc
  • There is a strong correlation between poverty and crime levels
  • Black people may be more likely to be arrested, charged, and convicted of the same crime than white people (after being charged this is no longer the responsibility of the police, but of the judicial system)
  • There may be issues with systemic racism within the American police that skews arrest figures and officer / black civilian shootings
  • A higher police presence in poverty stricken black areas may lead to higher numbers of arrests for crimes that would go unnoticed in white areas
  • There is a problem with training in the American police where they aren't sufficiently trained to de-escalate threatening situations (with people of all races)
  • There is insufficient firearms training (British firearms police get much better training than American cops despite the much lower chance of ever using a gun)
  • There is a fear of being shot that leads to the use of lethal force where it may not have been necessary (this leads to the deeper issue of gun rights and laws in the USA)
I don't know the answer, but in order to find it, we would need to drill down deeper into the statistics and control for a number or factors to determine whether more black people are being killed due to systemic racism or not.

The fact remains though that per head of population, more blacks than whites are being killed by the police, and therefore it's understandable that many would like to see this change.

Ideally, there would be no deaths of any race at the hands of police, but maybe simply aiming to get closer to zero is a commendable (if optimistic) target??
Yes agreed to all that - and as I said before it is historical racism that is that cause of the poverty, that in return is the cause of the higher crime levels, that in turn is responsible for the number of shootings. Basing stats from overall populations is misleading you have to look at who the police are dealing with.

Sponsored Links
The way I see it is the entire country is awash with guns easily obtainable

crime is rampant yer ordinary
Citezin is frightened due the constant report of the latest criminal activity

people that are afraid than arm themselves

decent people due to fear don’t get involved when seeing wrong doing ( happening here to an extent )

all in all it’s a fc Ed up situation
And a fc Ed up country

nowt to be done except arm yer self live behind locked doors
Or if you can afford it on some secure security patrolled estate

I don't think BLM have alienated others, but I do think certain people have chosen to believe they're anti-white, and maybe (although possibly I'm being a bit naive) more dialogue would help to change that view (although who do you actually get in the room?) Maybe they've tried, I don't know...
Quite! And in recognition that BLM is a movement, not an organisation, but that does not prevent some unscrupulous person or people from claiming to represent the movement, which often does more harm than good.

when a poor person does something illegal, they get called a criminal and slung in jail

when rich person does something illegal, its just called sleaze and they get a peerage

Sponsored Links
There entire political system is full
Of religious fruit cakes preaching there bible banging waffle and nonsense

An atheist is unlikely to get elected as president

ultimately who cares I say

not Transam I don’t live there and have no intention of doing so

***k em

Yes agreed to all that - and as I said before it is historical racism that is that cause of the poverty, that in return is the cause of the higher crime levels, that in turn is responsible for the number of shootings. Basing stats from overall populations is misleading you have to look at who the police are dealing with.
But if you accept that circumstances such as poverty, etc, create the need or desire for crime (and no I am not excusing individuals choices!), and the majority of those so affected are disproportionately non-white, it stands to reason that the majority of those interacting with the police will be non-white.
This in turn creates a self-fulfilling prophecy of conditions creating the effect, which reinforces the perception, which supposedly justifies the conditions.

And another.

They know their base.

Thats Lauren Boebert, yes Reublican.

FGDYXgKXoAUSK7G.jpeg

But if you accept that circumstances such as poverty, etc, create the need or desire for crime (and no I am not excusing individuals choices!), and the majority of those so affected are disproportionately non-white, it stands to reason that the majority of those interacting with the police will be non-white.
This in turn creates a self-fulfilling prophecy of conditions creating the effect, which reinforces the perception, which supposedly justifies the conditions.
As I said in my first post on this subject, racism is the root cause of the problem- but you can't say that the police are fundamentaly racist in having to pick up the pieces. What are they supposed to do ?

As I said in my first post on this subject, racism is the root cause of the problem- but you can't say that the police are fundamentaly racist in having to pick up the pieces. What are they supposed to do ?
There's no magic fix, there's no action nor policy that will yield immediate results.
It's taken decades/centuries of discrimination, prejudice and racism, both on an individual and a systemic basis to reach this point of social disfunction. It's going to take decades at least to correct that racism, because you not only have to prevent any further potential racism (which is nigh on impossible both on an individual and a systemic basis because unconscious bias is exactly that - unconscious) you also have to regain the trust of ethnic minorities.
A sensible, tangible, workable and acceptable policy and action, brought about through negotiation, cooperation and involvement is the only way.
Pointless reports and inquiries, and denial of the existence of the problems only to serve to reinforce the alienation of ethnic minorities.

You ran away after your post was debunked again.

Racism is the route cause of what problem? Why Blacks are shot more often than whites?

It's not just racism its a multitude of factors of which racism is one as well as qualified immunity.

You ran away after your post was debunked again.

Racism is the route cause of what problem? Why Blacks are shot more often than whites?

It's not just racism its a multitude of factors of which racism is one as well as qualified immunity.
Ran away where ? and no it wasn't debunked - the stats are there for all to see. You won't see it as you are blinkered with a closed mind.

Ran away where ? and no it wasn't debunked - the stats are there for all to see. You won't see it as you are blinkered with a closed mind.

I provided proof what you wrote was rubbish, you have no clue what you were posting. Then debunk what I wrote - go on then.

It was you that interpreted the stats to suit your blinkered view with a closed mind.
In addition, your interpretation was debunked.
Did you selectively quote 2016 figures, or did you massage the stats?
View attachment 253187
From your source
If you add the black, native American, Asian and Hispanic figures together the numbers look astronomically stacked against non-white people.

Young black men were nine times more likely than other Americans to be killed by police officers in 2015, according to the findings of a Guardian study that recorded a final tally of 1,134 deaths at the hands of law enforcement officers this year.
Their rate of police-involved deaths was five times higher than for white men of the same age.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/31/the-counted-police-killings-2015-young-black-men
On the basis of this evidence the rest of your comments can be dismissed as fake propaganda, fuelled by prejudice.

Last edited:
You are both cherry picking to suit your ingrained opinions, where as my views where changed in light of the facts.

Sponsored Links
Back