WHO does not rule out that virus started in a Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been mutters about a new normal. There are still unknowns. Vaccine performance here aught to be sorted in a few months how many is TBD really. It should result in more asymptotics but what about the rest. The reduction in transmission is a may not a certainty. Which vaccine is most effective when faced with reality. Tortoise approach to vaccination rates compared with the hare.

GP told me I was going to get a Pf. Turned out to be an AZ. The dog didn't know what the tail is doing. My immediate thought was which one will the 2nd jab be. I wasn't surprised that the next one will be 12 weeks away even though that was set as the max.

One of the briefs mentioned that they were going to put money into actually making AZ before it was ready. ;) I mean it's British. I wonder how much work was put in to producing the volumes that would be needed. There were plenty of mutters about deliveries always being short of orders on all vaccines so just what work was done to get high volumes before it was ready. Suppose govs would have to have provided even more money.

LOL My latest musings is statistics. Say R goes down to 0.5, Wonderful but it doesn't matter how many times it's multiplied by itself there is always a number left. We had low R's for a while and from memory accumulated 20k deaths. The rate was pretty steady. It just took longer than during the peak. We might find that a lot of people need boosters say every 6 months.

The hare approach to vaccination is ok but 2nd doses overlap new firsts so supply and capability has to keep up. Extend down the age range and things get worse.

Various companies will increase production rates but costs of the jab vary. Effectiveness may too.

:) The positive aspect is that in pure covid terms things will improve but what we will need to do to help ......................................

Sponsored Links
Eh up, the forum has another ded 'ard warrior on board. The poor grammar and puerile content should have given it away.
Same gene pool as Ryler.

I wonder if John the P is a Trump supporter and Brexit voter

Sponsored Links
Yep this virus caper will be with us for the foreseeable future

that’s what happens when back ward countries like China run riot

there probably working on the next virus to cause another pandemic

It is not trolling to disagree and call you out when you trot out dangerous conspiracy theories that potentially cause harm in time of a global pandemic..Threats of intimidation and violence of one individual on another are best left in the playground.
I didn’t threaten anybody (y)

that’s what happens when back ward countries like China run riot

there probably working on the next virus to cause another pandemic

That is a load of pure twaddle some of it down to sensational and inaccurate reporting by the usual culprits,. The first one in this area was it must be engineered as it works so "well". The real problem is evolution. Virus evolve and a lot more rapidly than we do. Most cause no harm. My son had a really bad case of mumps despite the MMR - maybe due to evolution down to people deciding to not get their kids done. It's back again anyway.

Your other problem is that they aren't backward and haven't been for a long time. Making and exporting, no country can do much about that. In fact most take advantage of it even increasingly.

The last thing I heard about the virus there was very recent, 30m in lock down. It's possible to find Chinese living there who are complaining about it - get a few cases and they lock us down. As with people who think the same way here we will get news that this is happening. Like here there wont be many of them. Several crews have gone in to try and find complainers and also to see how they are currently living Some countries have adopted China's method of handling it, some were already using it. Our lot seemed to be heading in a similar direction but small area lockdowns didn't work out. Larger ones may have done but too late. It's too easy for people to travel here. It's a small place.

Birmingham has a fish market. It's wet and smelly. They don't have bats though an endangered and protected animal in the UK. Different fish too but increasing over time in variety from all over the place.

AIDS jumped from apes etc. This sort of thing happens. Things have jumped from chickens. There is concern about bird flu. Then civits, camels and etc. It's easy to blame the way people live as the problem but we could easily get one here too. One long term worry is cutting down rain forest which will expose people to virus that few have met before. Covid went to mink and back to humans. Any might do that at some point. Plus of course that the experts have been warning that we are well overdue a problem like this and that it would spread rapidly due to the way we live.

An example
The origin of smallpox as a natural disease is lost in prehistory. It is believed to have appeared around 10,000 BC, at the time of the first agricultural settlements in northeastern Africa (3, 4). It seems plausible that it spread from there to India by means of ancient Egyptian merchants.

The plague that caused the Black Death originated in China in the early to mid-1300s and spread along trade routes westward to the Mediterranean and northern Africa. It reached southern England in 1348 and northern Britain and Scandinavia by 1350.

The history of polio (poliomyelitis) infections began during prehistory. Although major polio epidemics were unknown before the 20th century,[1] the disease has caused paralysis and death for much of human history. Over millennia, polio survived quietly as an endemic pathogen until the 1900s when major epidemics began to occur in Europe.[1] Soon after, widespread epidemics appeared in the United States. By 1910, frequent epidemics became regular events throughout the developed world primarily in cities during the summer months

Maybe the east figures more but that can't be put down to ways of life. Climate may figure. Variety of animals and land clearance may figure. Commercial reason such as civit and mink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back