who is to blame?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
right if im driving down a normal road and someone opens there car door out and i hit it, is it my fault for being too close or the guy who opens the door?

only wondering as it almost happened today, some ass in a merc just openes his extra long doors and i only just missed it. would have been very funny mind, but would it have been his fault for not checking i was there?

Sponsored Links
Person who opens the door is at fault so take it off with gusto :LOL:

MW

Sponsored Links
Even better ****t it off with a speed camera and kill two birds with one stone :LOL:

treated as passing a horse,

anticipated sufficient clearance :LOL:

You have a head on with traffic coming the other way. :rolleyes:

if someone stops ahead of you
are you not still supposed to anticipate there moves and make allowances where practical

as in more room or slow down or a combination of both where safe to do so!!!

You are supposed to check that the road is clear before opening your door and stepping out ... Self preservation usually does it :LOL:

MW

right if im driving down a normal road and someone opens there car door out and i hit it, is it my fault for being too close or the guy who opens the door?

only wondering as it almost happened today, some ass in a merc just openes his extra long doors and i only just missed it. would have been very funny mind, but would it have been his fault for not checking i was there?

NOT your fault, I know for a fact as I had one of my employees who liked removing doors when a moron opened it without looking and the car was a late model.

After the 3rd time I fired him, I figured two possibly as we work in a congested city but 3 times is a bit much.

Hopefully it was a new car so the person feels all the effects of his evil ways

Reason it is evil, suppose someone is on a motorcycle and the idiot opened the door not looking?

If you did hit the door, you would need a witness or evidence as to when the door was actually open. If both parties cannot provide this, then the outcome from the insurance will be settle 50/50

You could always employ an accident inspector to see if anything can go in your favour, they will try to find out the exact angle of impact etc. They are not cheap though (£300+), and their finding are not always enough

but you need to be driving with consideration for everything around you.. and able to stop in a safe distance. So if you're driving near a pavement, then consider someone falling into the road... driving past parked cars, you need to be aware that they may pull out..
Can you blame a child for not looking before they open their door?

Sponsored Links
Back