why bother ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why bother to post opinions on forums

You have an opinion and have the temerity to voice it

It turns out that this little Opinion is construed to mean a "Universally True Factual Statement"

Other forum members get really mad and get into revenge, retaliation, retribution, flaming, or Long List of Corrections mode

You’ll also be quoted out of context all over the forum because apparently by voicing that opinion you are also claiming that you are a Leading Expert at whatever random thing you’re talking about.

Pedants will materialize from every dimension to correct you skimming for errors that they can denounce

A useful sig

I am a poorly-educated yokel
I’m not an expert at anything.
I speak only for myself.
My opinions change daily
I articulate them poorly.
Everything I write is a baldfaced lie, except for the stuff you agree with.
You’re right.

OK then! No more opinions from me, ever again. And I hereby revoke all previous opinions that I’ve ever stated or held at any time, however briefly.

If I ever again accidentally voice something resembling an opinion or a possible factual error, whether you agree with it or not, then we’ll just assume I’m wrong and you’re right.

:D :D :D

Sponsored Links
even the most banal, innocent and frivolous comments can be turned into raging arguments on this forum.

just view it from a distance with a wry smile on your face.

It's a pity, but those people who are so unutterably tedious are convinced they providing an essential service.

Arguing only encourages them.

Sponsored Links
It's a pity, but those people who are so unutterably tedious are convinced they providing an essential service.

Arguing only encourages them.

ill second that

Well I actually derive a lot of amusement from arguing with people who can't admit that they are wrong, or think what they beleive to be true is true for everyone.

They always take themselve so seriously and you can make stuff up just to watch them over-react.

Prehaps I'm just wierd :D

No - if that's what you do you are inadequate, dysfunctional, pathetic....

If that's what you do, just how devoid of any meaningful interaction is your life that you have to fill it by generating ersatz reaction?

If that's what you do, just how insignificant do you feel you are that you have to validate your existence by lying in order to get people to take notice of you?

Pedants will materialize from every dimension to correct you skimming for errors that they can denounce

How right you are Swelec. But have you noticed that this pack of wolves very rarely instigate a topic. They mainly prefer to wait until somebody else either raises an issue, or gives an opinion, before they come from behind the parapet.
Fortunately most of us know who they are, and they are in the minority anyway.
PS I see only one has responded to you so far. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fisherman.gif

and they are in the minority anyway

unfortuntley their long drawn out page long answers disecting every word or sentance arent! :LOL:

I find the ones holding grudges the worst, particularly when they reproduce and quote tiny out of context details from months back. Some regularly disagree with me on issues we have never even discussed before-purely due to my opinion on other issues.

Having said that, there aren't that many people debating on here and even one less is too many.

Any chance of changing your mind swelec?

paulbrown said:
particularly when they reproduce and quote tiny out of context details from months back. ?

Nothing to do with you not wanting to be reminded of something you said previously but which does not fit in with your current stance? :D

Sponsored Links
Back