Why only 10v?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Following on from this thread,

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/riello-rdb-boiler-dead.500922/

Is there any reason the mains electricity from the armoured cable to my boiler would only be providing 1v and when switched on at the heating control upping the power to 9v?

My boiler works when connected to an extension lead from a socket inside, but there seems to be a problem with the supply to the boiler not giving enough power to get it going.

I don't know where the armoured cable comes in to the house, its all underground.

Has anyone any ideas?

IMG_3003.JPG

Sponsored Links
My idea is that there is something wrong with either the cable to the boiler, or where it is connected to a supply inside the house.

It can't all be underground - somewhere it has to come out of the ground to be connected.

Are there controls in the house which control the boiler by switching the mains to it, or should it be permanently powered, and controlled by volt-free contacts in something in the house, or by extra-low-voltage signalling?

Last edited:
Has any digging been done in the area recently?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back