Why try and belittle people

What's clever about going to prison where the tax payer has to keep you? What's clever about a family living without a father?
What's clever about a family knowing that one of them is a thug no better Than the original 'badguy'?
Why not sink into anarchy and forget about the law?
Hope you are proud of yourself.

Sponsored Links
The question I would ask both you and Hysteresis though is ... What are you both doing to get the law changed
MW
Megawatt - You are not being serious about trying to get the Law changed.
This country is riddled with the PC Brigade and the Law is almost an immoveable object. The Law has been changed many times but only in the direction of the criminal. Look at the News only yesterday when a Church going guy with his Son, tried to stop some YOBS from digging up a memorial in His Church yard. He and his Son were then charged with some trumped up offence of assault or some such nonsense by the Law.
Fortunately the Jury saw the stupidity of it and threw the case out.
The Law is a Joke biased in favour of the criminal. Guys like Zimmers have no option but to deal with it in the way they know best. Whatever happened to Zimmers family will, I am sure, not be repeated. If the Law were not such a Joke then Zimmers would not need to deal with it himself.
The Law should defend the people who live by it, but I am afraid the Law forces people like Zimmer to defend himself.
As I said in my earlier mail, I only wish I had the capability of defending myself in the way Zimmers has. I know the argument about were this sort of action will take us and I know that ultimately it would lead to total lawlessness. But the answer lies with the Law itself. When people like Zimmer have to resort to this sort of action then the Law should Wake Up and asK the simple question Why.
To suggest Changing the Law is not really practical as the infiltration of the PC Brigade is so complete that the only change that is possible is changes in the wrong direction.
Zimmers did what he had to do to protect the most important thing in his life - His Family, and until the Law gets real, and accepts that it is falling a long way short of protecting the general public from all sorts of Scumbags we will all have to resort to Zimmers Rule.
I applaud Zimmers for his actions as I have no doubt that the guy who ended up in hospital totally deserved it and should consider himself lucky he got away with his life. It sounds to me that the guy does not deserve a life but I am of course making rash assumptions as I do not know anything what so ever about the circumstances surrounding the case. But Zimmers sounds to me to be doing what most of us wish we could do and that is defend our families with whatever means is at our disposal, because the Law certainly isn't there to help.
I don't blame the Police here, as they have been stripped of all of their powers and are fighting a battle with their hands tied behind their backs. It must be totally demoralizing for the Police to pursue a crime with a tremendous amount of time and effort, just to have a Scumbag given a slap on the wrist.
I am of an age that allows me to remember when the Police had the power that allowed them to carry out their duties. A clip around the ear did me no harm what so ever and in fact did me a whole load of good. But that is Child Abuse I hear. 'B*ll*cks' it is not child abuse it is instilling discipline in us and so preventing the slide to Yobishness. Yes there are the inevitable cases of misuse of powers in a small number of cases but that is a price well worth paying to give the Police the Powers they need.
The fault lies at the very top of the Government and Judiciary. I am afraid I am not going to try to get them to listen to any argument. Brown and his cronies have never listened to anyone in the past and they are certainly not going to listen to me.
It does not take an Einstein to see the problems we all face with the PC Brigade and actions such as Zimmers should be seen as a big wake up call for the Government. But Brown it appears is in a Coma and incapable of being woken up.
I only wish Zimmer was my mate and I am certain he would stand by me in ANY crisis and help me resolve issues with Scumbags.
The Law is a Joke ran by comedians, and we all know it is a lost battle to heckle comedians.
We know that 'ZIMMERS RULE' works at least in the short term.

Good on You mate. ...

Well assumed

I see that although knowing nothing about the case you are able to guess the rights and wrongs of it :rolleyes:

You must have superb extra-sensory powers.

What are next week's lottery numbers?

Sponsored Links
Good on You mate. ...

You must have superb extra-sensory powers.

No extra sensory powers at all (Joe-90 has all of them) - Just Common Sense and a contempt for a Government who can't safeguard and protect the Law abiding amongst us.
It is a sad state of affairs when people like Zimmers HAVE to protect their families from Scumbags, when it shoud be the state that does it.
I think I have said all I need to.

Aren't IQ tests biased towards "Western" culture?

No notb665, MENSA ("The high IQ society" yawn) use a "Culture Fair" test which measures the brain's ability to process similarities, differences and sequences based on geometric shapes, patterns or networks. Where in the world the examinee is from or what type of cultural background they have is irrelevant.

MENSA also use test papers that are specific to the examinee's first language, and test the understanding of word relationships e.g. "Fish is to sea" as "bird is to..... a) sky b) cloud c) air d) land (honest).

With regards to previous comments about the importance of IQ ratings, I joined MENSA at the age of 16 with an IQ of 164, exceptionally high. I am not an exceptional person, I am well renowned for my lack of common sense, have dismal organisational skills and only a rudimentary understanding of the principals of mathematics. I left MENSA at the age of seventeen when my first annual subscription expired, a totally pointless organisation IMHO.

Just to expand on that. The tests are ( or were ) "calibrated" by testing a large number of random people before being applied to candidates.

So it isn't a "professor" saying this is what the people are but the people saying this is what we are and then the testing placing individualsl in thier place in the range of local intelligence.

"Fish is to sea" as "bird is to..... a) sky b) cloud c) air d) land

In fact all four answers are correct...

sky is obvious.
cloud is where an artistic mind could place a bird
air is essential for a bird to be able to fly
land not all bird can fly and thus have to walk on land.

some tests have complicated systems of inter-relating answers because of this factor of type of mind affecting the chosen answers.

Pj, that an impressive score ;) I got around 135-140 :LOL: and I`m an eejit

Pj, that an impressive score ;) I got around 135-140 :LOL: and I`m an eejit

Like I said Nige, there's absolutely nothing exceptional/impressive about me, I'm very normal, and from time-to-time very dense. :LOL:

I think my head wiring just happens to have developed a knack for spotting associations, patterns and order in the visual medium. When it comes to order in my personal and/or business life it's pure car-crash.

I think IQs are over-rated.

As an example, Einstein was reckoned to have an IQ in the region of 160, but there are currently probably no more than a handful of people on the planet with the ability to fully understand the mathematical mechanics of his Theory of Relativity.

Furthermore, I would question if there has ever been anyone else passing through this life with the ability or vision to formulate it in the first place.

Pure genius, but "apparently" no more intelligent than me - yeah, if you like.

IQ is a rough estimation of the processing power in the brain. It has no connection to the way that processing power is used.

Run a simple games program on the latest fastest Pentium ( or what ever is the bees knees in personal computer processors ) and that is equivalant to a high IQ doing very little.

Running a graphics package on a 286 processor is a low IQ being stretched to the limit.

Good anology Bernard, I like it.

To explore it a bit further, I feel as though there's nothing wrong with my processor, it's just that I'm running early release Vista, things just don't seem to knit together the way they should. :LOL:

Still, I suppose I'd get bored without the chaos and as long as I've got enough RAM to keep things going I can't complain. :rolleyes:

Listen anyone tries to hurt my family or friends , then if they have hurt them they will get it 10 times worse. I got remanded in jail when i was 18 for attacking a man ,who couldnt defend himsaelf. you know why he couldnt because he had his hands full with my next door neighbours property, hed screwed her home at 3 am ,she was in bed and on her own and i woke up went for a p... and hurt are back fence bang,so i went to the window and seen 2 men in next doors garden,so i ran and got my trainers on got a golf club ,put the kettle on and waited till they were in and i jumped over and went to the side shouted police and they come sprinting out and i scalded one and whacked the other and within 3 min police arrested me and them 2 , they got bail,i was remanded for 3 months until i got not guilty and the judge said" not guilty , your one lucky young man, i feel that the 2 men hurt have been let down by this court".So he blamed me for the whole incident,he said"drugs" were the fault of the 2 dirty homerobbers. im not violent at all,but if there is cause then i will not back down. I will say my reason for my jail sentance is som,ething i wish didnt happen but it did and i never want to see my family go through that again, it could have been worse for my family but lets just say another few minutes and he would have done what he came to do .so to the ones who say how disgraceful i am , i pray you dont get in a position i was and you would see what i mean

Sponsored Links
Back