Why You Don't Work Live

Sponsored Links
If you were electrocuted, you are dead.

If you are not dead you were not electrocuted.

Simples.

Sponsored Links
As some of the comments on youtube say, its fake

Thats not an arcflash going on there, or I'll eat my hat :LOL:

It's the wrong colour for a start. Looked more like a piece of fuse wire burning up.

so if you are saying eletrocuted cant be used for non lethal shocks what word would you use !!!!!
and useing the word "shock" is no good as it does not portray any danger!!!

Get a new dictionary.

The Oxford English Dictionary describes electrocution as to die accidentally as a result of electric shock or to be put to death as in US judicial punishment. No one who was electrocuted ever lived to tell the tale.

it's technically possible..
you can get a shock, die and then be revived..

you are technically dead for however long your heart stops beating..

My dictionary:

electrocute
v electrocute [iˈlektrəkjuːt]
1 to kill or injure (a person etc) accidentally by electricity.

Must be one of those dictionaries where they decide that enough people are misusing a word that they'll then add the incorrect meaning to their definition of it. :(

The word electrocute originated about a century ago as a contraction of electro-execute, following the introduction of the electric chair in the 1890's. By association, it then came to mean any death caused by electric shock, accidental as well as deliberate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back