Megger'd my work buddy the other night...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Accidentally of course. We were doing a bit of fault isolation. He was doing the probing with some test wires , I was pressing the button ( old Megger BM10 analogue unit) .

Me: Are you clear ?

Him: Yes

Me: Zap !

Him: Ahhhh.... Bloody hell, That hurt, you zapped me ! Ouch, ouch...

Me: You alright ?

Him: I think so , my hand is fizzing

Me: Snigger, :evil:

I did ask him and he did say yes. Luckily we were only at 100v ( possibly 250v)

Sponsored Links
I did ask him and he did say yes. Luckily we were only at 100v ( possibly 250v)

Done it plenty of times before. It hurts, but even on 1000v the design of the tester (unless it's one of those knock-off Nigel units that doesn't conform to any particular standards) should make it near impossible to receive a fatal shock. I think my Fluke insulation tester states a test current of a couple of mA in the manual, although if you had some serious heart trouble then perhaps it could be enough to cause problems...

On another note, I do know someone who put the probes across their ears and hit the test button, but that's an entirely different story and is best confined to the bin.

It used to be a standard apprentice initiation test to zap them with a megger not a taser :LOL: at least it was better than swarfega round the goolies :oops:

Sponsored Links
A little brass handle on a draw with a saw cut through it and a 150 uf capacitor across the studs inside the draw showed us who a sneak thief was! :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back