Wintex Remote Access

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just set up an Elite 48 running latest software and added a ComIP. I have set up the ComIP & I can access it internally (LAN) via Wintex no problem.

I have set up Port Forwarding, again with no issue on the Port selected.

I can access the Panel using the Texecom Engineer App via the Internet.

However, I cannot access the Panel via the Internet. It says "Reading UDL Options" for a few seconds, then reverts to the default "Connection with Control Panel could not be established - Please check your settings and try again" error message. I am obviously initiating a talk to the panel but something is not allowing the final handshake. So...

It is possible that this is a Firewall issue on the laptop I am using. I have opened the selected Port on both TCP/UDP in and out but still no joy. I can't turn Windows Firewall off as I am not an administrator. I am using the same laptop for both LAN & WAN, so a bit annoying!

Any ideas please? Or anything else anyone can think of?

TIA

Sponsored Links
if you can connect via the app, then you have the correct settings available.

However the app updates the external ip if you have notifications on.

I would check your panel details are correct with panel details, udl and passcode, if wintex doesn't connect with the correct details make sure your app is disconnected and try again.
I have had recent;y wintex failing to connect with the correct information, close wintex down and reopen the account and try again.

rememeber the UDL passcode needs to be the same in wintex as it is on the panel, and doesn't have to be encrypted (the app you can have an encrypted password or normal udl password.

That's what I thought about settings. Wintex is trying to handshake but not finishing, so that is strange. Yesterday I had the laptop connecting via LAN, then VPN via Office (external IP) and try again, no connection. Drop VPN and via LAN and it was fine again. Repeat (ad nausea). I know VPN valid as I set up remote access to Cameras via an app and laptop using the same method, with no issue. I'm leaning towards Windows (Pro 7) being the culprit but stumped.

Resolved! Well sort of...

Rang up Texecom Support and they'd not heard of the issue. I spent some time hacking around on the laptop firewall but some of it is locked down, so no joy. So I used a Windows tablet and straight in! Obviously work don't want people doing some things with their laptops...

Sponsored Links
Update to that even - its the corporate network that has blocked the port at the corporate firewall. Connected tablet on guest wifi and it was blocked, so used another non-corp network and its fine - pfft...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back