wiring a kitchen light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The wires coming through the ceiling are 1 earth 3 neutral & 3 live & the connector is a 3 split with 1 neutral & 1 live the earth is separate so 1 spare split in the middle how do i wire these please. many thanks. :D

Sponsored Links
The wires coming through the ceiling are 1 earth 3 neutral & 3 live
The chances are that they are not - much more likely to be 3 live, 2 neutral and 1 switched live.

Please take a bit of time to learn how lighting circuits are wired - if you were to connect all of the blacks/blues together thinking that they were all neutrals things would go bang.

//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:lighting-circuit-layouts

And why only 1 earth? That's not right. Are you sure about that?

& the connector is a 3 split with 1 neutral & 1 live the earth is separate so 1 spare split in the middle how do i wire these please. many thanks. :D
//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:rose

Sponsored Links
when i took the old light off 2 blacks were joined with 1 loose & the 3 red are all connected together but they were not attached to anything & i have left them as they came off:D

when i took the old light off 2 blacks were joined
Neutrals.

with 1 loose
Switched live.

& the 3 red are all connected together but they were not attached to anything
Permanent lives (loop in, loop out, switch drop). How were they connected?

& i have left them as they came off:D
Should be straightforward then, as per the Wiki article.

Any news on the earths?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back