Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler and Wiring Problems.

1 - T6360B1028 Room Thermostat
1 - L641A1039 Cylinder Thermostat
1 - V4073A1039 22mm Mid position Valve
1 - Myson Apollo 30B Boiler

Look at the photo (link Below), I opened the junction panel to find there was a wire loose. It is not live though. Any ideas where it connects to. There is no obvious place e.g. a little strand of wire remaining in one of the connectors. The boiler has been firing with this wire loose but now has stopped.

http://www.shaw-it.co.uk/temp/Wiring.jpg

Mid position valve stays in mid position e.g. does not spring back all the way to the auto mark.

The men in the white coats are coming for me soon! HELP!

:eek:

Sponsored Links
Does the loose wire become live when the HW is OFF?
If so it will PROBABLY go in the bottom terminal to join with the blue and grey wires.

Before you do this check the supply fuse is 3A (it reduces the size of the fire if I'm wrong :oops:

Would this explain the boiler not shutting off when you click OFF on the HW HW/CH switch.

I cannot test at the mo as I am work.

Thanks for the advice, if it is not that - anything else it could be?

It must go somewhere right?

This loose wire (see url to photo above) does not become live when you switch the HW/CH Control to the OFF position.

Any thoughts anyone :confused:

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Looks like Cable 3 is coming from your clock with the "on" signals for CH (RED)& HW(Blue). The yellow is connected to the orange on the valve - this is normally the on signal back to the boiler& pump. This yellow wire probably goes to one of either the pump or the boiler.

Cable 2 goes to room stat, with on signal coming back on 2yellow to White on the valve.

So it may be that cable 1 goes to either the pump or the boiler - look at the other end and see if you can recognise it. It's the only one with 2+E and has a black neutral wire. If it does, then it will get its "on" signal from the orange wire, i.e second from the bottom. Only trouble is it does not seem to reach unless you've twisted the block around to take it out.

I wouldn't connect it until you are sure where the other end goes.

Check the spec. of the valve on Honywell site if you havn't got the instructions.

I took your advice and the only cable that has 3 wires that goes up to the junction box is the pump.

I connected and nothing changed.

The problem is that the cabling is a nightmare and none of the same cables are used downstairs to upstairs so cannot trace colours.

I also have 2 Junction Boxes. One upstairs as (link to in first post) and a Boiler Terminal Block. With what is presumed another connecting block somewhere in between that changes the darn cabling colours.

Bright Idea :idea: Not

Thanks for your efforts anyway.

Doc Lenny said:
The problem is that the cabling is a nightmare and none of the same cables are used downstairs to upstairs so cannot trace colours.

They must change colour somewhere. Anyway you never use colours for existing wiring, turn all the power off and pick a wire, connect it to earth and check continuity at the other end between the wire and earth and then obviously check the continuity breaks when you break it from earth. Then you can mark up which wires are which, rip em all out and wire it in properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back