Wiring Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To avoid pulling up floors etc to run a new shower cable, I am routing a 10mm twin & earth from the consumer unit, through the outside wall of the house, along the outside wall at 7ft height to re-enter the house at first floor level, then up to a 10kw shower in the bathroom. The external run is inside our roofed over and enclosed side passage. Total cable run length is 10M. Do I need to run this cable in a conduit or is it ok exposed and clipped correctly to the outside wall at 7feet high? Help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
just lift the floorboards and stop messing about..

if it goes outside it needs to be in conduit to avoid mechanical damage.. ( ladder leant against the wall to repair roof etc.. )

Thanks, in my case the inside route is covered with carpets under fitted furniture etc so outside is much quicker. Is tubular plastic conduit the right one for this?

Quicker isn't best

Have you notified your LABC about your proposed work?

Sponsored Links
yes he could, but that's not what he asked..

I am routing a 10mm twin & earth from the consumer unit
Do I need to run this cable in a conduit or is it ok exposed and clipped correctly to the outside wall

also, 10mm² SWA is more expensive than T+E, and will be a pain to terminate in the shower... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back