Woke act comes in to force in Scotland

Sponsored Links
It's interesting, of all the examples they could have used in describing the bill, they used this one ...

16. An offence can be aggravated by prejudice under section 1(1)(a) if the offender evinces malice and ill-will towards a victim (of the offence) based on the victim’s “presumed membership” of a group defined by reference to one of the characteristics mentioned above. Here, presumed membership means presumed by the offender (see section 1(5)). For example, if the offender assaults a person (the victim) and in so doing evinces malice and ill-will towards the victim based on the offender’s presumption that the victim was a Muslim, then even if the victim is not in fact a Muslim the offence (assault) may still be aggravated by prejudice.

Will have to arrest 50,000 people at hampden singing about hating engurland
I wonder how they will police such events in relation to this legislation ... not at all is the answer.

Old firm games can get quite tasty re the language that is used both spoken and sung.

They will probably pass a law in due course that makes it illegal to ask some one were they come from ??

I see a law has been ammended recently that allowed climate change protestors to get away with damaging buildings of corporate bussiness

They were talking about it on radio 4 last week

Sponsored Links
You can't escape it if you think the EU will provide you with sanctuary.

Blimey my mate has a full trans sexual lodger living at his place

He transgendered fully whilst he was in his old job

He was a building inspector for a large retirement
Home building company

Turn up on site in high heels and a dress :giggle:

They wanted rid of him but could not sack him so they bought him off :LOL:

Jeez us wept

You can't escape it if you think the EU will provide you with sanctuary.

No was not that

It was some thing to do with smashing windows
If the owners are aware of the climate emergency
Than technically they agree with your actions
And as the company was saying it was green and concerned about climate change why would they object

It was some thing along those lines that allowed them to get away with it and found not guilty

I see a law has been ammended recently that allowed climate change protestors to get away with damaging buildings of corporate bussiness
I wonder if that's the same law that lets vandals get away with damaging ULEZ cameras?

I wonder if that's the same law that lets vandals get away with damaging ULEZ cameras?

No don’t think it is

This amendment to some law was directly to do with climate change protesters putting forward a particular defence that allowed them to get away with damage to corporate bussiness property / buildings

J k Rowling has invited Scottish plod to arrest her with ref to her views and statements on transgender woman ?? Which apparently contravenes this new woke law in Scotland

Big up to JK Rowling.
I don't agree with her opinion, but it's sadly up to people like her to highlight the stupidity of the law as set, out by making reference cases.

Person A says they think that a thing is true . (Say, that single-sex private clubs, or yoga classes, are fine.)
Person B claims they are "really offended", and as a direct consequence of that reaction, person A is guilty.
Farce.

Sometimes it's clear to a disinterested person whether person A or person B was being a jerk, but often it's not. Trying to legislate for it is going to cause problems.

Not sure how this happened but this law doesn’t protect women

Odd to say the least
They're getting their own law, dedicated to protection of women.
The law does not protect women as a group from hatred - the Scottish government is expected to include this later in a separate misogyny law.

No don’t think it is

This amendment to some law was directly to do with climate change protesters putting forward a particular defence that allowed them to get away with damage to corporate bussiness property / buildings
"damage to corporate business property / buildings" in protest against policies, is covered by exactly the same law as damaging ULEZ cameras, in protest against policies.

Sponsored Links
Back