The strong implication from what the OP wrote is that the problem is B&Q's, e.g. "I’ve just had a wooden worktop fitted by B&Q", "It’s the third time this has been replaced..." and so forth (I suggest you may like to peruse post #5). If the problem is B&Q's, and B&Q are refusing to do anything, what, in your esteemed opinion is the OP supposed to do when the fitter doesn't work for the OP?

Oh, and if you read post #4 you'll see that I've already proferred a realistic solution. How about you?
Yeah, just for clarity the fitters were appointed by B&Q and our contract is with them for materials and fitting. The first set of fitters they supplied were chucked off the job because they didn’t know what they were doing (almost everything they had done was incorrect, wasting our time and thousands of pounds worth of materials - we’re still trying to assertain how they were ever appointed). They had cut the worktops incorrectly so they were replaced but the subsequent fitter then didn’t adjoin the replacement properly. We’re now on worktop number 3 (this one) but it would appear they don’t want to waste anymore materials etc. so are passing this off as nothing more than an ordinary ‘live’ knot that doesn’t need rectified.

We’re so fed up and wish we hadn’t gone anywhere near B&Q. I’ll never buy so much as a paint brush from them every again.

Sponsored Links
lets think off this logically
care instructions will be something like wipe all spills immediately and maintain surface to protect 2 things impossible to achieve with a hole in the surface ???
now you can tackle the hole as J&K says as a compromise to your sanity or get them back pointing out that a hole cannot be sealed by the worktop maintenance coating so a ring off damage will spread below the surface where it can't be fixed

Take them to the small claims court, get your money back for the whole kitchen and fitting costs. Pay a handyman to fill the knot with some coloured filler so its not so noticeable and spend the difference on a holiday in the sunshine.

Take them to the small claims court, get your money back for the whole kitchen and fitting costs. Pay a handyman to fill the knot with some coloured filler so its not so noticeable and spend the difference on a holiday in the sunshine.
Well, the issues have been endless and the fitting has been ongoing for over 4 months. I think court action might be necessary if they aren’t going to appropriately compensate us for the inconvenience etc.

Not only have we had issues with the fit, we’ve been denied our complaint being escalated and verbally abused by staff and the initial fitters. It’s honestly been one of the worst things I’ve had to endure in recent memory.

It’s just bothered me that they now appear to be deliberately lying to get the kitchen signed off.

I’m going to evaluate what we want to do tomorrow.

Thanks for your help! It’s much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
lets think off this logically
care instructions will be something like wipe all spills immediately and maintain surface to protect 2 things impossible to achieve with a hole in the surface ???
now you can tackle the hole as J&K says as a compromise to your sanity or get them back pointing out that a hole cannot be sealed by the worktop maintenance coating so a ring off damage will spread below the surface where it can't be fixed
Yeah, I never thought about looking at the care instructions. I’m going to do that tomorrow and send it to them.

Thanks

its also worth pointing out any monies returned or communication i am unaware off can move the contract in a different direction as you words and communication can form a conclusion and acceptance off a resolution
[or words to that effect}
in other words if they offer you xxx amount and wording says " that will be your accepting the offer as a full resolution and conclusion to the situation" and you then change your mind or the goal post to get more sorted or amended then that changes how it goes as you relinquish rights by accepting a solution with a finite value [a set amount off money] with ought a conclusion value [exact outcome]

Back