Worcester 24cdi hot water problem diaphram diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone im changing a diaphram on a diverter valve tommorow heard its a bit of a pain job to do, any advice and can it be done in situ with out taking other parts out?

thanks

Sponsored Links
It can be done in situ but if you have never done one then it will take you longer than stripping it . Are you diy or trade ? if diy i would suggest you get someone in as they are a pain the arris job to do even for a pro

i am trade mate, was just wandering if it could be done bought a set of 90 degree screwdrivers for it, got extra o rings for the job too heard these can be a nightmare, which parts is it i have to take out to get too, Filling loop an heat ex is that right?

Yeah filling loop and heatex out as in situ is a pita even with proper kit .
Allow up to 2 hours for your first one(can be done a lot quicker) and change every O ring as the WILL leak , dont touch boiler isolation valves they will also leak same as dont drain it from the blow off as this will not reseal either.

Basically every short cut you can do on other boilers will leave you with a leak on these

Sponsored Links
Cheers mate nice one im gonna download an print a few pages out the manual just to help, its a job for family and im off work tommorow so got all day to do it, is it worth getting some lubricant for the o rings too? will it be ok to open the drain valves on the boiler or will they leak too?

I just done one of these buggers yesterday :evil: the drain points on the boiler will be fine to use. Maybe choked, but easily cleared with a thin driver. Defo use silicone grease, and as advised, replace every o-ring! For some reason, every time I change a divvy valve on these, I end up with a leak from the left hand connection of the bypass pipe. Without fail!

Hi ive taken the divertor valvle apart but i cant remember which way the diaphram goes in, is the two sprins facing the cover side?

Hi i have jus flicked it on an it came on an then switched off again, i think it still might have had water on the electrics have i ruined it

if you ve got the slightest bit of water on the flame rec connection or the strip pin connector on the board it wont rectify, just keeps soarking then locking out! get the hairdryer out if this is the case!

i do these in about 40 mins :D

The power is off now the boiler wont come on just keep tryin with the hairdryer?

Call a registered gas engineer. :LOL:

Also got one of these to do in morning. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back