Worcester Heatslave II combi oil boiler - strange noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a 5 year old Heatslave 2 combi oil boiler which was recently serviced.

I have just notices a strange noise coming from it... the heating is fine, and there are no error messages.

Is there anything to be concerned about?

Sponsored Links
Just a random guess from me, but it sounds like the burner fan is either catching something or is loose on the motor spindle.
John :)

Thanks John, is that dangerous? Should I keep the heating off until I can get someone out to have a look?

It’s not likely to fail catastrophically but for sure it isn’t right.....if it’s what I think!
If you can hold on until the more experienced oil guys come along?

Sponsored Links
It could be the burner fan catching or in an extreme case which is unlikely
it could be the fuel pump, take the panels off while it’s running and try to find where the noise is coming from. Bob

Thanks Everyone... I took the front off. Sounds like its coming from this motor (the burner?)

I had it serviced a couple of weeks ago, the green tube is new, after I was recommended I 'upgrade' from what was there.

Thanks

Yep, that’s your Riello burner - the green pipe is a long life oil feed which has a significantly longer safe running life than the original braided one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back